1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

bits of paper..bits of paper

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hi..
    as children
    have you ever found interesting piece of information on bits of paper?
    the one page cone from kadalai man' the paper bag from shopkeeper the paper that wrapped new chappals! were all store houses of knowledge..
    some papers had jokes some serial stories that made a heart beat with mystery.. only to find it incomplete.. and we have often waited for the kadalai man to come again with perhaps the same book and ending to the story!!!

hot chundals wrapped in paper was eaten in a hurry to read what it says..

this habit continues into middle age even when we can buy any number of books or papers.. the bits of paper still interesting.. scarce these days with plastic bags taking over.. have to depend mostly on kadalai man..

here are a few...
    1. a paper cover said... you can fold any size paper by half only seven times!!
    2. another torn paper ... abt 84 percent households in bihar have no electricity. and in contrast gujarat 87 percent have electricity.. kerala a literacy high state has 62 pecent children in primary education with 90 percent litteracy but tamilnadu has 66 percent children with seventy four percent litt the highest in the country!
    3 another quarter page of newspaper lists seven things indians should actually be proud of by sri sri ravishankar....tourism where we project snakes and violence to get sympathy..yoga where americans are making millions.. ayurveda where we do not hav e faith in our own system of medicine.. music and dance need to be presented well.. food varieties are endless and yet.. clothes.. not proud of it yet. last is IT not just information tech but inner transformation too.. has anybody read yoga vasishta a treasure abt conciousness a commentary printed by new york univ but little do we know abt it!! sri sri says if we want to boost our economy and image of our country we should concentrate on these things... wow!!

four..
    this piece of paper i got with a saree..looks like ananda vikatan..
    interview with prakash raj ..(great actor liked him best in kb's kaiyalavu manasu. the only serial i rushed to see always)
    he begins
    emakku thozil kavidainnu bharathi sonnan
    appadi cinema enakku thozil''
    he then goes on to say a tiny but interesting story:
    the idol and steps of a temple were made from a single stone
    the step complains to the idol while we were made from the same stone you are an idol and u enjoy abhishekam neivedyam etc.. while im being stamped upon ... the idol replies . you chose to fall away in one chip from the chislers. but i have endured several beats and chisles from them with patience.. only when u endure pain can you achieve..
    and life is like that prakash raj continues work night and day and when u turn back to look u are really ``somewhere'
    there must be more to his interview but the paper i have has only this to say haha

sathya

3 people like this.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    bits of paper, bits of paper
    is good to read!

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

keep it up sis

hey u r great man....keep it up regards sunkan

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

very nice

Hi,
    very interesting bits of paper! I also read news from papers used as wrappers!
    Regards,
    Meenu

5. lakshmivarthan

lakshmivarthan Bronze IL'ite

Re: very nice

nice article to read

6. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Liked your post and line of thought! I specially enjoyed the story "he then goes on to say a tiny but interesting story:
    the idol and steps of a temple were made from a single stone
    the step complains to the idol while we were made from the same stone you are an idol and u enjoy abhishekam neivedyam etc.. while im being stamped upon ... the idol replies . you chose to fall away in one chip from the chislers. but i have endured several beats and chisles from them with patience.. only when u endure pain can you achieve.."

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sathya,

Very interesting. :) I have all along thrown all the papers used or packing away without spending time to read the content. You have opened my eyes as to what kind of messages are coming to us in those packing materials. May be that is God's way of sending messages to us.

Viswa

8. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hi bharadwaj
    have not been in
    to look up likes and replies
    thank you for appreciating
    the bits
    they are more interesting
    than the continuous reads
    in magazines and other
    readable materials

sathya

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

so viswa
    now you will have
    piles of papers
    or do we ?
    these days of blogs
    and internets
    the kadalai fellow
    is missing on most days
    and has a pencil like cone
    for filling up kadalais
    the joke story or readable
    material is torn and hmmm
    the story no more interesting
    as it was in the years
    gone by

sathya

10. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Satya ! How wonderful to meet you ! Upon my return to Il, i was trying to find you somewhere, in snippets or FBs , but failed.
    Karutthai kavarim kavithayiniye
    nee itthanai naalaai engirundaai ?

I remember eating sundal packed in pages torn from school notebooks. Sometimes, I have marveled at the careful, beautiful handwriting of some child .....newspaper bits serving as paperplates for bajji often had too much oil for any legibility to remain, still, i have once giggled over the dark, oily face of old actress Vijayakumari wearing a perfectly tragic expression . Perhaps it was the picture of her singing her famous kannaaa karumai nira kanna ....hic..hic..song !
    Unfortunately these days, most packing is in plastic or foil with nothing more wonderful than the MRP to read.

Was so happy to read this satya. Dil maange more.