1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Re: It happenly only in ILs house

Dear Pinky,

Same happens to my home also.

Keep enjoying.:cheers

Leena

2. bluerainbow

bluerainbow Gold IL'ite

Oh they are so mean.....I don;t know how people can put so much efforts and come up with master mind plans to trouble DILs.....It is easy to be straight forward....

1 person likes this.
  3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

SIL's husb and SIL's MIL took her darling daughter... and DIL and DIL's mother took her darling son :rotfl Reason enuff to be a monster... now who else will worship her???

I've seen mine as well preach nasty things to her daughter on HOW NOT to adjust with her inlaws or not to visit them.... she's infact captured on marriage video being rude to FIL's sister who's 20 yrs elder to her... not that she's an angel........................ however none of her preaching apply to me cos then she'll be the recipient.... she infact keeps accusing my parents of preaching me against them instead of self realization of how she treats me... well actually no fault .... cos she can treat only her son and daughter... a limited edition specimen.

3 people like this.
  4. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Hi ,
    my mil is upset that i m taking tablets during pregnancy. Doc said that it is risky and hence gave tablets . But she is keeping a long face and saying my daughter and all never took like this .. I wanted to ask her if if we r gynecologist to decide tablet or what. However I just told the medicine name and did not argue with her . Once she starts arguing , she will take my prana out of me by arguing for 30 mins

5. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Oh really? can you play the video when she visitsyou and put a pause exactly in that place by faking some work or calls.. :crazy:evil:

2 people like this.
  6. bluerainbow

bluerainbow Gold IL'ite

ignore ignore ignore.....I had slight breathing problems during pregnancy and had gone to give blood test....my brother is a doctor....MIL decided, I have to be given oxygen....She did her best to force my DH to take me to the local doctor and admit me there and give oxygen....My brother got so irritated and had to come home and tell her to leave things to him.....
    These people think they know everything....my MIL is just 10th pass....imagine her mindset....she thinks she knows more than my brother who is MD .....

Just ignore.....that's the only way you can keep your sanity.....

3 people like this.
  7. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

mine is not even 10th pass :) :) ... Ya i ignored . Each time when I was having tablets she was staring at me as if I did crime . I just turned my face away from her ..
    one day or other I will criticize indirectly ( while speaking to others ) that many people consider themselves as doctors though they dont know anything

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. PadmalathaK

PadmalathaK Senior IL'ite

During my pregnancy in 6th month, i visited my ILs place(during india trip), was there for 2 weeks, and i lost weight 3 kilos. My MIL was saying it is good to lose weight. I am very petite, short and extremely thin girl, and it was not like i put on more weight, but according to her it is good to lose weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heights of stupidity

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    5 people like this.
  9. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

You should have asked her, why give oxygen when it is all around us .. she would then be Witsend

1 person likes this.
  10. PadmalathaK

PadmalathaK Senior IL'ite

Hi adimad,
    I feel so angry at ur MIL reading ur post. Take care of yourself ma, and the best thing to do is ignore them....My first india trip (i was pregnant 6th month) and it was a nightmare for me....i used to cry a lot because of the tactics my ILs used to turn my DH against me, how they used to bitch about me, etc etc....
    Even after i retured to UK, i was in depression. Now, when i look back, i regret, i regret that i was so sensitive to cry for their behaviour.
    The best thing to do is to ignore.
    Regards,
    Padmalatha.K