Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SaiSmaran

SaiSmaran Silver IL'ite

Mani, sad that u have also gone through A tough time. All is well!!! Let's take it positive.
    No am not on steroids.
    During my previous pregnancy I was in India. And now am abroad. I did tell my history and requested for a cerclage to my doctor. But the doc said it is not likely to happen always and he opted to monitor me closely instead(once every 15 days).
    And his close observations helped us find the issue in the beginning stage.
    Anyways what has happened can't be changed.
    As you mentioned we need to cross the 32,34,37 weeks milestones.
    lets stay positive.

And to all the rest of my friends here, thanks for keeping us in your prayers. Your messages are very comforting

Few more weeks to all dec moms to be

2. manis

manis Bronze IL'ite

Dears, thanks to everybody... Your words make me feel good and stay positive..
    I went for Dr checkup, after a month.. Dr said baby is in head down position and the cerclage is holding it good.. As I have completed 31 weeks, no urine culture and vaginal swab test is required.. Bedrest is only till 34 weeks it seems. After that it is partial ,so can sit for eating.. After 36 weeks I can sit for long time..

Hereafter, every 10 days I have to go for checkup..
    Advised Doppler scan on 34 weeks..

I pray everybody should hit 39 weeks.. So that baby will be very healthy..

1 person likes this.
  3. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hey All,
    I gave my screening blood test for GD and found my blood sugar is elevated and had to give 3hr blood test to confirm whether i have GD or not. Does anyone has or had GD during pregnancy? what is to be done if i have one? Please share ur experience on that......

4. manis

manis Bronze IL'ite

I can give you the information I know, though I never had GD.
    If GD is confirmed, insulin injection is suggested and I have seen my colleagues taking it easily like a cup of coffee. Since you are already into 31 weeks , not to worry much.
    As here in India, they stopped even testing after 30 weeks ( but I have tested atleast 5 times since pregnant) every test means fasting, 2hrs after breakfast and lunch.

Food suggestion no sugar, sweet, jaggery, etc
    Only guva fruit is allowed once a day.

5. mommynow

mommynow Silver IL'ite

Hai everyone.. How are you all? Hope everyone is in good health. I feel a lot of pressure in my pelvis for the past couple of days. Anybody feeling the same? With my DS, I didn't feel this early.. Felt in very later stages of pregnancy. Having severe back and leg pain also. Praying that I should complete full term. Called the dr. today, she asked me to put dolo650 and wait till evening. If the pain didn't get reduced, then has asked me to come to the hospital. Hoping for the best.

6. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Vidu,

i have had GD with both my pregnancies. I was asked to see a nutritionist and a diet plan was made for me. I was also asked to monitor my blood sugar 4times a day - fasting and 2 hours after brkfast, lunch, dinner. Both pregnancies my sugar was well controlled with diet so I never had to take insulin. It is even better controlled this time so I get to prick my fingers only 2-3 times rather than 4 times everyday. It's a bummer I can't stuff my face like other pregnant women :p but this pregnancy I have no cravings and a general aversion to food, so diet control isn't too hard for me.

Hopefully you will pass the 3hr test. BL

7. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ladies, good to read everyone's updates. Yesterday I had my birthing class. It was refreshing! I was actually taking each day as it comes and not really thinking about the big day but after yesterday I was little pumped up to fast forward to my due date! It was fun to have that session. She went through breathing techniques and other aspects. I tried a lot to decide epidural vs not. I was almost convinced to take epidural but my mother asks me to try without. I am so scared about the pain, tears etc. Overall I had fun with the class. Back to routine with work tomorrow... Sheesh!

8. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

Rose,
    I was in the same boat when it was the time to decide whether to take epidural or not so I understand what you are saying. During my last weeks visits to my OB with my first one, she insisted on taking epidural but I said I may not take it but she told me not to decide now itself. So, I'm going to tell you the same. I/my dh/ and my doc decided to put me on epi when I was shivering with pain and had doubts I may not have enough energy to push the baby at the correct moment.

This is my opinion about epidural: It's your call whether to have it or not because every pregnancy and birthing experience is different. Have your options open.

Practice breathing techniques that they taught you in the childbirth classes when you are having Braxton contractions.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for your inputs Satyasrinivas. I am going to decide there...I feel I may not be able to do it without. Let me see how it goes. One question, did you feel the contractions after the epidural, meaning did you know when to push? That and the possibility of backache staying with me is making me think.

10. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

Don't worry! You are almost there and enjoy the remaining days of your pregnancy and in no time you'll have your baby in your hands. Nope, I didn't feel the contractions at all after having the epidural but felt numb in the lower body. My nurse and the OB were awesome.. they told me to when to push because we were able to see on the monitor when the strong contractions coming.