Filter Kaapi/coffee experience..

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Manjuananthu, Feb 9, 2013.

1. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Where you are in sharjah i will guide you the shop i usually buy 2 kg from India when ever we travell. we use to buy coffee powder in abushagra there is a shop but we have to tell them not to add Elaka and checory.

1 person likes this.
  2. sumanrathi

In India we have now top two brands one is Coffee day the other one is Coorg coffee, in Chennai we can get Leo Coffee.

from any of these shop as them to mix ( A and B mix - A 200g + B 50g) normally we use to buy 250 grams only. we will not use checory ask them to make it fine powder. Use the normal filter here you have to boil the water well otherwise you will not get flavour.

taste it and let me know how you will feel with this combination.
    I have tried to graind the coffee at home it dosn't work at last i fould a shop and calebrate them according to my taste.

3. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

Heeeiiiiii. I love filter coffee. That's the first thing I do in the morning. The flavour of the filter coffee is always makes me feel fresh even before drinking the coffee. And I love coffee bean coffee also.

4. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

hi Coffee lovers

We will mix coffee day & Brook bond powder...taste will be awesome ...try guys

parasu :)

5. 27mom

27mom Senior IL'ite

My Brahmin friends,makes filter coffee for me...HEAVENLY

6. Vidhya84

Vidhya84 Senior IL'ite

Ahhh.. Narasus coffee was like my favt.
    I stopped drinking coffee after I came to US for (1) Coffee here is horrible (2) am too lazy to make coffee - wish mom was here :)

7. affusmom

affusmom New IL'ite

Thanks! i live in abushagara. please tell me the name of the place. Does it taste like the ones we get in india ? I get arabic coffee powder with elaichi, freshly ground , from a roastery . but rarely drink it.Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. sumanrathi

nice this shop is also in abushagara just opposite to Sangeetha restarunt. there will be a malayali guy tell him we need coffee powder as like in India also tell him no need to add checory combination will be mixing will be 75:25 ( A & B ) this combination is good.

1 person likes this.
  9. SaRe1

SaRe1 Gold IL'ite

@ sumanrathi

That really was an interesting narration. I too in my childhood days has visited the grinding mills where there will be big Q and we need to wait for a couple of hours to get things done there. Myself and my sister will go with our Aachi there. Sweet memories:thankyou2:

@ latah raju
    I am a big time filter coffee lover and experimented with all sorts of filter coffee powders and machines. I have tried the Black and Decker coffee maker, I have tried the percolator but I find the regular filter coffee pot to be the best one. I bought mine from the shop just opp. to Mylapore tank in Chennai.

One trick I follow is to set the coffee powder tightly by gently pressing the coffee powder with my fingers and after loading them in the top vessel of our regular coffee filter. By doing this I think it makes the boiling water stay in the upper vessel for a long time and the coffee brews much thicker. I also see lot of people not using the plate with the handle:notthatway:, but I find using it to press gently after setting the coffee powder before pouring the boiling water on top of it to be more effective in brewing coffee.

Regarding Coffee brand I have tried many like narsus, leo, kothas, vivekananda but coffee day coffee:yes: seems to be perfect and thick for me and suits my taste.

See to it the milk you are using is absolutely thick.

Enjoy your coffee :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  10. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

I love coffee a lotttttttttt :) I couldn't survive without 3 coffees per day. .my mil is an expert in making filter coffee. Still I can't make decoction as thick as she prepares. .