Morning depression since childhood

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by shwetasoni05, Sep 23, 2013.

1. shwetasoni05

shwetasoni05 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I dont know why it happens always since childhood. Whenever I wake up in the morning I feel depreesesd my past, sufferings and set backs which I have faced in past come in front and thinking again and again I feel like crying, feel very low. but as i fresh up and move on with daily routines it starts vanishing slowly and with the passage of day m happy and at night mentally calm and cool. Is it really morning depression. M 29 and from childhood m facing the same problem. why is it so?

Regards:
    Shweta

2. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I used to get Morning ANGER, and I really saw how it was ruining the beautiful opportunities I was blessed with.

ANGER at people, ANGER at situations, rehashing events, replaying them, expressing your ANGER at people who you think did bad things to you.

The things that helped me was when I realized that our thoughts create our reality. We are all made of energy (it's even says so in Bhagavad Gita, and now modern science is proving this).

If you think ANGRY thoughts, you will attract people and situations that will make you ANGRY.

That was my wake-up-call, just the fact that I realized that my attitude was ruining my whole day, and making me lose opportunities.

ANGER is another form of depression. You feel depressed, and because of this helplessless you get ANGRY.

The thing that helped me was learning to be spiritual. One path does not fit all.

First, I watched Mahabharat on YouTUBE.

Then I read Bhagavad Gita on Bhagavad Gita As It Is Original by Prabhupada

Then I started watching Krishna Leela, Shri Krishna Leela (1971) English Subtitles - YouTube

And somehow, my heart led me to learn about Buddhism, and check out various facebook pages on Buddhism. And I saw a really great documentary on Buddhism,The Life of Buddha (BBC Documentary) + Eng Sub (HQ) - YouTube

Learned about The Secret and the Law of Attraction

Then bought and read, Kindle addition of Bhagavad Gita, Amazon.com: The Bhagavad Gita (Classics of Indian Spirituality) eBook: Eknath Easwaran Ed., Eknath Easwaran: Kindle Store

Start slow and steady and see what your heart is telling you. Perhaps there are other things you will find that help you let go of any depression, any resentment, any anger.

Positive affirmations definitely work. When you are depressed, thinking sad stuff, you are doing negative affirmations.

I listen to Joel Osteen sermons (it has helped me, and is still helping me, be more secure, especially as a newly wed who found Mr. Right after a long and emotionally draining search). Also, Louise Hay's positive affirmations are quite helpful.

For the past few weeks I started to wake up early and do meditation. Just find a quiet corner to sit in and when any thought enters your mind (negative, positive, happy, sad) just acknowledge that the thought is there, and now is not the time to have the thought.

BUT THERE IS ONE WARNING!!!!!

In the beginning, when you begin your spiritual journey, you may find more issues coming up, and you may feel more depressed. This is only temporary because your ego is resisting this positive change.

It's like washing a burnt dish. You want to get it nice and clean. And when you start scraping it, the burnt debris rises to the top. You have to gently deal with it by throwing it away.

Don't be hard on yourself. If you find yourself getting more depressed, take a break for few days, few weeks, then try again. This is what I was recently going through. I began to meditate, and got more angry and depressed. I simply told myself that God is bigger than any fear, any negative thought.

I guess I really rambled on. These are some things that worked for me. Now see what works for you, and give it time, we are all spirits having human experiences. Once our soul is clean, only then we are united with God (Bhagavad Gita says this takes many lifetimes)

1 person likes this.
  3. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Maybe you have low blood sugar in the mornings? Sometimes, "fasting" all night causes some of us (ahem) to be cranky or anxious or depressed in the morning. Some people are more sensitive to an empty stomach than others (I am speaking from experience - like a baby, I have to eat every two hours). Do you have a really fast metabolism, or a family history of diabetes?

If so, then try eating and drinking something AS SOON as you wake up. If this helps, then you should go to a doctor and get yourself tested for diabetes. You may be pre-diabetic; that is, you may have borderline normal/low blood sugar.

The other reason could be just your disposition. Maybe you are just not a morning person. Is it possible for you NOT to spend too much time lying in bed as soon as you wake up? If you spring out of bed (even if you feel like crawling back under the covers and wallowing in misery), get yourself cleaned up and eat something quickly, and immediately plunge into an activity you like (exercise, meditation, a hobby, etc.), then you will have something pleasurable to look forward to, to start your day off right.

Some of us (ahem, again) are just natural born worriers. We mull over the past, worry about the future, and generally like to be miserable sods even when we have a bucket load of things to be grateful for. Maybe there's nothing wrong with you, and it's just your personality. If this is the case, try to outwit your own mind by spoiling yourself. Every day, plan fun things to do, be good to your family and friends, and make sure to have an enjoyable time yourself. There's a lot of pleasure to be had from life. You just have to stop living inside your own head so much.

Best of luck!
    (From someone whose first thought in the morning is usually, "I wonder what fresh horrors lie ahead on this new day...")

2 people like this.