1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Kelly, though my mil isnt as bad as some cruel mils here, she still is weird in her own way (atleast to me) and am not comfortable with her around. Bad news is, I cannot avoid her as she is insisting she would come over. Even my dh called up his mom and said "she would manage herself, maid and cook are around and my neighbors are friendly..." this is what she said.. "oh, so you mean I would leave her to neighbors and maids? whats your and her problem if am there to help her out? why am I feeling that you guys dislike my presence? if thats the case, put it on face, and I'll vanish! " me and dh thought she took it very seriously and gave up. Told her we just thought we would be troubling her and that infact we are happy to have her .. ufffff... 18.gif

6 people like this.
  2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Twinkle..
    why bring on negativity at this stage of your life.. enjoy your pregnancy.. even if she does something"weird" just IGNORE you gals here are experts at:coffee .. so let is pass.. it may all be very ok..
    TC

3 people like this.
  3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

yeah, all set :-D

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Twinkle and Gae3, congrats for your pregnancy.....

regarding taking help from ILs, I can only say that it would be good if you can manage yourself. They will only create more problems. Because its an eternal truth that DIL and daughter are two separate people and DIL can never be daughter(99% cases that I have seen). If we keep our expectations from ILs to 0, then this makes our life much better. I am speaking from my experience (ttc , pregnancy , delivery and taking care of your baby).

2 people like this.
  5. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Twinkle and Gae3, congrats for your pregnancy.....
    regarding taking help from ILs, I can only say that it would be good if you can manage yourself. They will only create more problems. Because its an eternal truth that DIL and daughter are two separate people and DIL can never be daughter(99% cases that I have seen). If we keep our expectations from ILs to 0, then this makes our life much better. I am speaking from my experience (ttc , pregnancy , delivery and taking care of your baby).

2 people like this.
  6. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Add my Mil to this list... All she wants to do ever is to shop, shop and shop... including my delivery, hrs after delivery... its an addiction.. like a kid in a candy shop... spends her own money though.. but its an addiction for sure!

1 person likes this.
  7. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

My MILs addiction is going out.. she is forever wanting to go out to all the places I've been to here in the city I live in.. Last time I mentioned that the veggies from the market were good.. but we'd not been able to go, we just got it from a fruits/veggies shop.. not so fresh produce from there, i said.. few hours before she left, she complained that i still hadn't taken her to the market yet.. I just looked at her with a omg-you-cannot-be-serious expression and said that it's the same market her son brought both of us together to when we first came to this city after my marriage.. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a similar shopping/delivery episode..

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Twinkel, my mil is also not cruel and cunning, but as u said she has her own way to treat DIL. I hate her presence, double standard people.

1 person likes this.
  9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

@ Radhica... Thank you :)

10. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Exactly!! she isnt cruel, but she has her own way to irritate me... worse, these tiny and silly things as they seem to be, cannot be pointed out or even complained to dh :-(