I broke solah somvar vrath twice.help me please

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by sudha05, Sep 17, 2013.

1. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

Recently I kept solah somvaar vrath. Due to various reasons(avoidable) I broke my vrath. Please suggest me some remedy.
    I think I was not observing it in proper procedure.I usually go to temple and do milk abisekh and have have only one time meal during night.I even searched in many website how to do this vrath but it is not clear.I am tamilian.
    I see many in temple doing abisekh of milk honey yogurt,Appling tilak to shiv ling,Tying a rope like thing on it etc etc...
    I south we dont even go near shiv ling.Please clear this and do let me know that if there is any other way to ease Lordshiva (I KNOW HE IS ANGRY WITH ME
    :
    :shaking:

Thanks in advance
    Sudha

1 person likes this.

2. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi sudha05,
    The rules for solah somavar can be kept simple. 16 Mondays fast from sunset to sundawn for Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and ideally observe the abishek and pooja on Mondays for both. Buy the abishek materials. From my understanding, at the 16th week, do offer some food to poor married couples.

Yes, in South Indian temples, only the priests are allowed to perform abhishek and poojas on the deities, contrary to North Indian temples which are more relaxed. There's no harm by just observing the abishek and poojas as per South INdian customs. Also, for Tamil people, Kartigai would be a preferable month to start the Somavar Vrat.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

I am currently doing this 16 mondays Vrath.. We call it Hadinaru somavara vratha...

Here is my version of doing it....

->>Take head bath monday mornings, do regular prayer/pooja for other gods..

->>Do Water and milk abhishekam for Shiv Ling.. (I have a small shiv ling, i take a
    small cup of milk, pour on ling chanting Om namah shivaya, after that pour water chanting
    om namah shivaya, and then wash ling with water, and put kumkum and flowers)

->> Read and do as per given in Solah somvar vrath book. (You will get book in book stores)

->> Do agarbathi and Camphor and fast till evening (I take milk and fruits)

--> Evening again take bath, and read 1000names of shiva (Given in that book)
    again do agarbathi and camphor, have any non rice item after that....

I take breaks during periods.. And dont eat non-veg during this 4 months....

Dont worry dear.. As per our scriptures, Shiva is only god, who can be pleased easily..

He is so daya maya, he gave off Parvati and Atma linga itself to Ravana....Though
    Ravana's intentions were evil, shiva was pleased by his Bhakti..

1 person likes this.
  5. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot.. I ll start again

1 person likes this.