what are the benefits of having US citizenship to a new born baby?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Shrav0809, Sep 15, 2010.

1. PriyankaGupta

PriyankaGupta New IL'ite

US citizenship baby can able to work there any time ...without H1
    vissa or whatever the procedure an indan does for going US.
    I want to know what exactly the freedom US born baby will get.

1 person likes this.
  2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

i heard of a couple ( my hubbys friend and his wife) who were in us for a 6 month visit on l1 visa and his wife was in 7th month when she travelled from india to usa. I really wonder how she was let. However she had a preemie baby. When his assignment was about to get over by next month, he was negotiating with his manager telling that the baby was just so small and also a preemie so they dint want to travel back this soon. This was a pure instance of having the delivery in us so that baby gets usa citizenship.

3. hijibiji

hijibiji Bronze IL'ite

its insane to just do this for citizenship.

4. 3ds

3ds Bronze IL'ite

Not only Indians, people from korea , mexico and philipines are having their baby in US. I know a korean women who is a us citizen, she said her husband's( korean citizen) sister came there on student visa when she was pregnant( first trimester) and had delivery in us and went back with the baby. Most of the pregnant women can get free medical insurance from government ( medicaid). Even Indians took these insurance. Once we were traveling in a taxi and driver said that he dropped off a pregnant women in 2nd trimester to the airport whose husband was working in US. Those are not extreme cases it is really happening these days. I have Indian passport and had to take multiple visa to enter London and Paris. Yes it is really a headache. So can't blame anyone wishing to get a US passport.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013