1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband and female colleague.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sonia16, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Sonia16

Sonia16 Senior IL'ite

I told my mom about it and she understands me completely.... but i told her not to say anything yet because im determined to fight on...it is not an unusual request....that he is so adamant.... this gal is single ...her boyfriend left her sometime back.... she stays eith her mother.... but her relationship with mother is not so good... in fact she tells her sob stories to my hubby ...
    I will of course get my mother involved.... but i really want to collect some evidence first....
    All tell-tale signs of emotional affair as there...... his parents did say that they will disown their son if he does something like that... but u know they are parents....
    Without any reason ... im being made the vamp..... as if im suspicious wife who doesnt trust her husband!!!!
    Trust... i understand but blind trust? Never!

2. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

i know many of my friend who tied rakhi got married to the same person little later..:)
    rakhi/friendship band not going to stop an emotional affair.why are you pleading the lady not to go with him..instead ask your husband not to go

5 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

May be you should discuss this separately with her and let her know that no matter what they say...you do not believe that this relationship is innocent.Let her know that if things go wrong between husband and wife ...she will be responsible too.

It may get her to rethink her support to this shameless son and other woman.

frankly speaking...even if you manage to stop her from going this time...it will not be the end. They are colleagues and as long as he thinks he is right in doing this...there won't be any change.
    Sweetshreya is right. some men think they have the wife tied down for life once she gets pregnant and then they can do what they want. If this is the case then there is not much to do for this relationship.

2 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If their joint trip goes on .You relax and take care of yourself and the baby.Don't let these people spoil your pregnancy for you. If you need,take your parents emotional support. You can deal with these people after the the baby is born.

2 people like this.
  5. vidia

vidia Junior IL'ite

i know many of my friend who tied rakhi got married to the same person little later..:)

Trust in your gut instincts, becoz they are true

1 person likes this.
  6. Sonia16

Sonia16 Senior IL'ite

I already spoke wit mother in law ,.,.. in fact she was the first i spoke to... i said that im not comfortable and dont think that girl should go along but she keeps on telling me that i should trust my husband and she is just a friend... her son is already married to me and im expecting so i shouldnt worry..
    But havent the times changed? Technology is making it easier to have emotional affairs and why should today's woman ignore husband's dicretions?????

7. Sonia16

Sonia16 Senior IL'ite

Thanks yellowmango

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sonia,

There is nothing sacred in the friendship your husband has with his colleague. No good female will talk about her sob stories to a married man and argue against his wife that she would go with her husband to his native place despite your request not to do so. Your mother in law is no Saint to understand what your husband is thinking. It is your life and you need to do steps to protect your happy life with your husband. Your husband insisting on doing things that you object to with a colleague is incorrect. Even if their relationship is pure, the husband should sacrifice the trip with the colleague for the sake of a pregnant wife.

But I would suggest not to talk to his colleague anymore as your phone calls to her only communicates that your relationship with your husband is very weak. You should be able to communicate strongly with your husband. Please tell him that this trip is not going to be on with her. Anita and many others are right in their judgment.

But when you converse with your husband, please don't bring up any financial matters in your discussion. Tell him that you feel terrible about his traveling with his colleague. Keep repeating it as many times as possible until he listens to you. But don't allow this thought disturb you as you are pregnant. This is no business trip and hence you have every right to express your opinion. He has to overcome his insecurity about his earning less than you and try to lead a happy life with you. Walking alone is okay but 3-4 hours alone appears very strange. He should be spending more time with you when you are pregnant.

Please don't consider his inability to walk away from your marriage as a grip you have on him. He could have extra marital relationship which is as bad as his leaving you. Please forgive me, if any of my opinion is hurtful and I am saying it in your best interest.

Let the Lord shower His Grace for a healthy and happy life for you. Let your future be happy with your husband and child.

Viswa

7 people like this.
  9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies

Why its happening for preg girls... I too facing the same pbm but little different... As you peoples said man are getting affair when his wife got pregnant.. I too facing the same problen... She is calling for loan and my dh got a loan money on time.. After yhat she keep on calling him.. I warned aftee that he scolded her and she stopped one month.. Now again she started by sending message... My dh also arguing for her.. Hmmm

I am also sailing the same boat.. From this i am getting few points..

10. Sonia16

Sonia16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Thank you for taking time to post such meaningful advice. Last time , i again calmly spoke with my husband who insists that he doesnt want to discuss it any further.in fact he shouted at me and said that now he is more determined to take her along
    I have full doubt now he is hanging out every saturday and sunday with her... if i was suspicious then i would have douted it much earlier... but now suddenly his strange behaviour made me think and yesterday it struck me that since she stays quite nearby..he could be meeting her , spending sometime and coming back... i wonder why i never thought of that before.. i thought it is good if he is walking ... good exercise... but he is never take me along saying im pregnant ...wont be able to walk so much ( another red flag)
    I m thinking of hiring private detective if required to collect evidence....for me....any affair even if it is emotional is unacceptable!
    Im scared even if caught he might say... we are just hanging out in public as "brother and sister"

4 people like this.