1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having a guest in my house (night mare)

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by hamsadhvani, Aug 29, 2013.

1. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

No. It is not about gender. It's a fabric sofa and I can wash the cushion covers but not the seat covers. That is why I am annoyed. As it is a foreign country I don't have a maid and I have to do all the cleaning. And I am having lots of hanuman pictures at home I feel it is not right to mix with the people who are having periods. Moreover it is not advisable to light up the lamp when people are sleeping at home. Every one have their own rules and regulations for their pooja rituals. Some people are sensitive enough to adjust if we give a small hint. But not this girl. I don't expect her to clean all the vessels but if I am at her position I will help as much as possible. If you are children are well behaved and brought up in such a way I can't think why some children are like this. The main problem is I am a Hygiene and cleanliness freak and so can't tolerate this.

2. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

No. Who ever it is I can't tolerate.

3. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

well if she had been in my house I would tell her in a nice way that this house certain rules to be followed since we are doing poojas and all good prayers... So better for you and for us to follow and be clean until staying here. The best way is to communicate rather building this negative thoughts inside.....

Talking openly will bring issues first but later they will realise in the future and come back and say to you. Its my life experience.. but say it in a nice and soft manner.... don't build these thoughts inside.... crack It and openly say...its your house lady

sindmani and crazymom like this.
  4. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

I can understand how annoying is this when girls behave in that way. First of all waking up at 10 o clock how irresponsible and she is searching for a job? Are you kidding those who come in search for a job don't sleep so late. And other things whatever you said is quite irresponsible personally I dont like girls with such bad habit. You please talk to your friend.

5. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

i 100% agree as i myself practice same...keeping open/soft communication in office and house(in laws) help a lot to reduce negative and waste thought and fighting with ourself....yes dear try this option it will work...there are two options 1) she will realise and will improve 2) she will ignore nad continue..but whatever case may be im sure you will be relaxed a lot after communication :)

6. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Explain your problem to her then, or tell her mom and ask her to tell her daughter. She might not be aware of your strict beliefs in matters of the normal functioning of a female body vis a vis deities. But I am curious. How do you and your daughter deal with the presence of Hanumanji when it is that time of the month ? Do you skip poojas overall twice a month or will you be doing so (if your daughter has not yet reached puberty) ? Do you do dishes by yourself normally ? Are you having to use a lot more vessels than usual ? Why don't you tell her directly if she isnt taking hints (or maybe she understood too well what was being expected :bonk )

1 person likes this.
  7. Sendeepa

Sendeepa Silver IL'ite

OP you did sound like my grand mom and I personally do not agree certain things which you have addressed. But regarding your problem, as suggested by some Ilites, you should have informed the ground rules during her 1st day.

Being religious you can just leave this time thinking that "athithi devo bhava'!!!!
    OR on her last day at your home you can gift her and explain that you enjoyed her stay, however it would have been better if she could have behaved well in terms of hygiene/dressings.

8. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

OP, the best solution is to talk to her directly, not in a hurting way ofcourse. To tell out your daily routine, practice, and beliefs very clearly. We can adjust to the guests for a day or two. But then if they are staying for more than that, they should live by the house's rules.

Friends, please stop gender stereotyping. Getting up early in the morning, brushing first thing, taking bath before eating, helping hosts, dressing decent -> this all very well suits both girls and boys. Why put these conditions only on girls?

sindmani and anmolhai like this.
  9. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Tell her upfront in a nice way that you do lots of pooja's and expect her to take bath everyday and during periods not to rome around the whole house. She is 20 very matured hope she understands.

10. taanisharma

taanisharma New IL'ite

"Feel pity for some one and getting all the angry and you deserve this look from my daughter and my husband because i am very strict with them in all this things"

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013