1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

life without friends ....help!!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Sep 2, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

These days I feel lost.I have a wonderful husband,cute kids,lovely home and life is busy.I keep doing things I love .Life was bliss but these days when I check facebook,I see lots of people posting pics with friends partying,going out etc etc.I do not have much friends here in usa nor does my husband.he came here on work and all is friends live elsewhere.everything was going ok until I saw these pics being posted on facebook where people go to movies,hang out etc..
    i feel somewhat.i tried to make few friends but all turned out to be dominating or using me for taking them to grocery or anything else.otherwise,they do not even call.please do not think I am envious.It is just ,i feel i am wasting life without friends and going out with them??just wanted to share..

2 people like this.

2. Priyaa25

Priyaa25 Senior IL'ite

Don't worry Aruna. Friends are not life they are only part of life. Have fun with your kid and husband. It is quite natural to feel like that when you come abroad. Even I feel like that sometimes. These are some of the things that helped me. Get out of your house daily,go for a walk, listen to some nice music,teach your kid or do some craft with your kid. You can also help in a charity which will give u some satisfaction. Also there are many activities you can do as a family like cycling,swimming, walking,bowling etc. you can also go as a family to movie, restaurant and theme park(our favourite). Tidy your house and sit with a nice book. Don't get stressed with friends because it is very hard to be friendly if the wavelength doesn't match. Try to initiate small conversations with people and then if everything goes on well you can develop your friendship (but don't worry). Always count your blessings. Life is to enjoy. Don't worry about these silly things and waste your life. And above all don't see Facebook (if it triggers you).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    7 people like this.
  3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Aruna I understand how you feel. It takes time to form friendships and here in America it takes time and effort. Try to keep yourself busy with things that interest you and on the way you will probably meet some like minded people and make friends. All the best.

2 people like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you priya.ur words were soothing

1 person likes this.
  5. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

It definitely takes time here in US to form good friends and hang out with them. Not all of them are same. Go out for a walk with kids and see if you can introduce yourself to new people talk to them for few days before you evaluate them as good or bad and then take it from there. Weeknds go to movies, malls,restaurants with your family. If possible arrange potlucks.

3 people like this.
  6. PersonalTaste

PersonalTaste Silver IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Even though it is a old post, i couldnt resist from reply it.

Sometimes I also felt the same, I have no friends near to me.. My situation is i m india, in different state than mine, dont know the local language. I am not able to mingle freely with others. Sometimes, i m get annoyed by the questions everything I do and comments about everything I had, they ask me questions even if i go for walking like why should i go for walking when i m lean (Even i reply, they will ask the same question next time:bonk). So, i m keeping hai - hello relationship.

After being alone, I started to explore near by temples, shopping places in my leisure time (i will go out, if i feel bored in evening, no need to dependent on others free time). For the sake of spending time, instead of talk with annoying people and spoil my mood, i feel alone with peace of mind is better.

2 people like this.
  7. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

2 people like this.
  8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i sometimes feels lonely too... lack of friends but what can we do if other person dont want to be your friend... i feel jealous when my hubby calls his friend back home and keep talking for an hour... i feel sad as i dont have any to call and talk... too bad... but what to do still life goes on.................:yes:

3 people like this.
  9. sneha10

sneha10 Senior IL'ite

i moved 4 months back to USA... lonely planet !!!
    back home i used to enjoy a lot hang out with my gang ... go to office and loads and loads of work to do... sometimes i used to feel i have no time for myself...
    after coming here the clock doesn't move at all seriously its really very hard to find friends here... i don't know when ill get back to my normal self...
    you are right yes life goes on still !!!:exactly:

1 person likes this.
  10. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Arun,

Feel you are so lucky to have a caring husband and happy with two kinds.

Coming to the FB postings... update your family photos or kids pics whenever you are going out you will get feed backs from your friends... relatives....!

In FB their are groups to you can join them to......! (like jokes, cooking etc) pls check in FB.

Hope this might help you.

1 person likes this.