Gardening !

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by Meenasri, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Anyone does a veggie garden here in Qatar ? if yes need to know are you into composting also ? if yes do you vermi compost ? if yes where do you get worms ?:hiya

2. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

No one gardening in qatar :)

3. julieramesh

julieramesh Silver IL'ite

Hi meenasri, I saw ur pm now only, here gardening is little bit tough only,we have to put lot of effort to get the results(especially if we r trying in open place), so now im doing container gardening only, anyway about composting I tried but its too smelly, so I purchased a bag of compost from nearby nursery its too good, I get the seeds from india and im growing only herbs now like thuthuvalai, mudakkathan, karpooravalli, some aloe plants and two types of palak greens..all the best if any more queries pls reply

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Meena, My friends in Abu hamour area does a lot of gardening here They have right from flowers to tomatoes,bitter gourd,capsicum,beans and what not.All are in vacation now.I can get input for you once they are back may be.

1 person likes this.
  5. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Hi Julie , Thanks for the reply - I have started of composting and its going good , for sure no worms since its dam hot.

Just apart from this query - how about the palak ? did you get the seeds or the cutting from the grocery ? if seeds from where please.

Also the Moringa ? Saw some pics i guess is it still there ? how was it grown also ?

6. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Thanks Bhuvana , ill be happy to get inputs :)

7. Anamtvm

Anamtvm Silver IL'ite

Hi Meenasri

We have been gardening for a long time, and we get really good yield.we have all flowers, veggies n herbs n greens. The best time to plant here is when summer is almost over, ie, by Sept end this year. Watermelons grow well in the heat if summer,we get compost from nearby nursery.capsicum n tomatoes grow well in containers.for open gardening, first make sure the soil is well in containers. Moringa grows well, it can be grown from seeds and also from cuttings. Anything else u need to know please ask me. If you need seeds, I can share.

8. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Hi Anamtvm ,

Thanks for the reply , nice to see some more join in the gardening ? where are you put up ? i in wakrah .

im starting off my garden , and was thinking if we have more people on group , it was easy for us to understand the pro and cons of planting few veges etc - if u have a fb join me on qatar gardeners .
    would love to share seeds ? do you have moringa /spinach ...

9. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Meena

Am also interested in gardening. We are planning to move to ezdan shortly. I searched for your fb group but couldnot find it . Let me know the link. Iam a starter but we had a beautiful garden at my home town Madurai where we had tomatoes, flowers, chilly, lemon,papaya,drum stick, roses and lots. But Iam wondering how to start here.

10. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Interesting thread meena... I would like to join you gals ..., last year I tried my hands on few veggies .... N this year I wanna start early . Can u suggest me veggies , which cud survive this summer heat .