1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Thanks SS & Silvertulip.....yeah I am taking care of myself. Had to take 4 shots of D3 of 60K IU each in a row for 4 days to atleast be back to routine. Yeah I dont care for her at all & I am happy being evil.

I give a damn to those who dont care for me.

7 people like this.
  2. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

yesterday was my sil's 5th wedding anniversary. she came to our home and was talking to mil that they went out and all:

i was like:
    neeyum oruthana kalyanam panni, oru pulleyu pethe, inthana varusham kudubam nadathanathey perusu. iithale kalyanam anniversary oru keeda?
    trans: for u to get married and give birth to child and stay married is a very big deal. ur wedding anniversary is nothing.

3 people like this.
  3. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

I am proud of you!

3 people like this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Today's bugging lecture of the day! Lady CC's caw caw in the evening about how people from small town living in metropolitan cities improve their dressing sense and learn about fashion!

She is on FB and she was checking my wedding album! Yes, she joined FB sometime back to see what me, DH and her loving DD do on FB, and her DD wanted to show the relatives how happening mother she has got! She sent me a friend request and I had no option but to accept. I have made my profile limited for her, still she can access few stuff.

Lady CC: Today I was seeing ur wedding pics, and showing to aunty A. When u uploaded them?
    Mean Me: After marriage
    Lady CC: I was seeing ur friends pics in the album, they don't look like they are from your town ABC
    Mean Me (inside): u think I really care what u think about my friends or do my friends even bother!
    Lady CC: I think as ur friends started living in this city, they learnt the fashion sense of this place. Don't take me wrong, but if u go to south, they wear silks but here silks are not in fashion. (she is feels her prestige gets down when she tells her friends that I am from a small town and always tries to convey that my parents and family should show manners like MIL's side! But I give a damn to her thinking!)
    Mean Me: Everybody has their own fashion sense. Btw one of my friend from this town married another friend who is from my hometown.
    Lady CC: Really?????????
    Mean Me: Ya (And I walked off from her caw caw!) :coffee

4 people like this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha..... Just had a talk with MIL on phone. I'm learning to use her tricks against her only. Like all MILs, she always tries portrays DH being unhappy with me. For ex: My son tells me that he does not like your haircut, etc. She will channelize her sentiments by telling me its DH's and try to create differences between us. Well, I did the same too.....

she is being very inquisitive about my pregnancy and is irritating me a lot. :rant

MIL : So are you feeling the baby moments and kicks?

Me : No. Not yet. :coffee

MIL : What !! Maybe because your baby is very lazy. DD's baby was so active, she was feeling the kicks from 4th month itself. That niece from 3rd month, someones DIL from three and half...... blah blah......... (continuing in lecture mode) ......
    You should always compare your baby's growth with other women. Then only you will know where do you stand. Its always good to know about other people's progress.

Me :)twisted:, yet sweetly) : Yes, I know you like to compare. DH sometimes tell me you used to rival him with other children and he used to feel so unappreciated because of them. Thats why he only has asked me not to compare my baby's growth with anyone nor let others do it. He says its not a good habit and can hurt the child's esteem in long run. (Woh kya hai na Mummyji, DH ne hi mujhse kaha hai ki kisi ko apne bacche ko kisi aur se compare mat karne dena. Phir chahe wo koi bhi ho.)

It was MIL's turn to use BubblyGal's favorite icon :coffee. She instantly fell silent and hanged up after saying 'I've to go'.:yes:

19 people like this.
  6. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Lady CC's another caw caw session just happened sometime back while I was reading a book on the sofa.

Lady CC: If I will say something u will feel bad right now. But it's ur house, u should see it also sometime. At least arrange the drawing room and our bedroom.

Mean Me (very nicely): I do Mummyji. Didn't u notice this last weekend I arranged everything in ur room?

Lady CC: It's ur house, u have to do it. And don't depend on maid, if she goes one day then what we will do. We should do physical work to stay fit.

Mean Me: I agree. But don't take tension about it. It will done. I do it when I am back home. I am not dependent on maid. When I will have to do something I will do it. You take care of ur health and don't bother about all this. Nothing matters more than u health. Leave it for now and relax.

Lady CC::spin

Mean Me: :yes:

13 people like this.
  7. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

A happy vent:

My parents place we have 1 1/2 days ganapati. In laws native we have 5 days. This year MIL decided not to go coz her DDs are insisting that she is too weak & unwell to go to native for ganapati festival. Ideally if she is not going the turn comes on me. But I had my periods due on 7th so I would not be able to go. I was sad that I wouldnt even be able to attend it at mom's place. & I was sure MIL & her DDs would be insisting me to go.... & then I have to explain them the whole period saga....but to my surprise neither of them asked anything to me or DH.So DH said since you both cant go I will go for last 2 days at native.

Yesterday was the twist....may be coz of medications or exertion, I got my periods yesterday....that means I will be able to attend ganapati at mom's. I was sooo happy.

Then one brilliant idea struck me.....I told DH that now I will also join him to native. This means I will get a 2 day break from MIL plus good books of FIL & clan plus get to attend the festival there.......Heads for me....
    Since we both are going MIL might have to say that she is joining us too.....Tails.......but all this unwillingly....coz she is in no mood to go native.......yippeeeee....Heads & Tails....both ways I WIN:cheers:2thumbsup::banana

13 people like this.
  8. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hey DG

Felt good to read your posts. ganapti bappa surely listened to yours prayers. Enjoy your stay there.

1 person likes this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

5 people like this.
  10. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday after coming back from office I did not talk to MIL at all. She acts too much, always expecting that I should go an fall on her feet.
    FIL was talking something and I was responding to him.
    Yesterday FIL was shouting at BIL on some silly thing. This lady was shouting on FIL in return. So he blasted her saying that she is interested only in cooking and cleaning ;))).
    She was really angry then and was blabbering something.
    She speaks so much indirectly. I can understand everything. But I will not respond to many things. Yesterday she was discussing about some relative with BIL, she came outside the kitchen
    and said " We always have to pay for having such Namoonas among us".
    DH was asking BIL to get some potato chips for him for having curd rice. Madam asked him " Why beta??? was rice not sufficient for you?"
    I wanted to tell her " Why the hell you think its not sufficient for your sons, when your dil doesnt eat rice understanding your bloody evil intentions"(She purposefully keeps less rice for dinner and says otherwise rice
    would be left over and they have to eat it the next day morning. Always insufficient rice in the night. Sometimes I have stomach full and sometimes I will have less)
    Henceforth she will see me poking my nose when she speaks such nonsense I am gonna irritate her by interfering which she doesnt like. Let me see what she does.....

This bloody item always does some tadka rice when rice is left over. My stupid DH is so so fond of it. Want to know the recipe???
    Add rice into the tadka and mix chilli powder. Thats all. She prepared that yesterday and No breakfast. Nice na????
    So its very clear that she is no mood to do anything. My DH was saying to soem sweet and go .ood)
    I told him i am not interested and if nothing is prepared for the breakfast I am fine and I would have what I want in canteen.
    His stupid "senti" is that I should not go without taking anything. So he packed this "Special Rice" for me for break fast.

1 person likes this.