1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to los angels - need help on info

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by PriyaPrabahar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. PriyaPrabahar

PriyaPrabahar New IL'ite

Hi

My husband got job near west hollywood, CA. We are new to CA. We are in MI. I want to know below information. Any help from you ladies much appreciated:

1. Safe , secure and more indian based apartments to stay in LA. If it is less than 25 miles from West Hollywood is great.

2.I have a kid if 3.5 years old, and any good schools and the registration info?
    3.Cost of living like apartment rent, school fees, etc.

Thanks
    PriyaPrabahar

2. sathurekha

sathurekha New IL'ite

Hello Priya,

Welcome to Los Angeles...I want to say that there is already a thread named "Moving to Los angeles" by pinkyanka....There are lots of inputs there...Please chk and you will get some ideas....

Also from my side I want to suggest that there are some indian community here near culvercity, the apartments named HEIGHTS and ALESSIO. Please chk the website for more details....These apartments are just 9miles to the West Hollywood.

For a Single BHK the rent we are paying here is Min 1500$...with Electricity and Water seperate charges of nearly 100$.(Depends on the Usage)..

My daughter is 5 yrs and she just joined a School here. The Disctrict school already started from Aug 13th here...She is in Kindergarten...If you are willing to put ur kid to district school(No Fees) or private school its your own choice. I think your kid will be going to Pre K here if he joins..Please chk with the Cut off to join Pre K here.

Let me know if you want more details....Think since its holiday time you have posted your Q you can expect more replies tommorrow....

Regards,
    Sathurekha

3. PriyaPrabahar

PriyaPrabahar New IL'ite

Hello Sathurekha

Thank you so much for the information.

Thanks
    Priya:)

4. sonamsehgal

sonamsehgal New IL'ite

Hi could you suggest me a good preschool near "the heights" for my kid.. he turned 2 this september... Thanks Sonam