Premature baby mommies around?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by AnithaPartha, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    I had my 1st baby boy delivered at 33w in 2009 and it was a normal vaginal delivery as I was lucky my baby's head faced downwards at 30w. He is now 3.5yr old cute naughty boy but suffered a lot in NICU in the initial 2w and then he was very fine afterwards. I got pregnant with my 2nd baby now. After I told my history to dr, she is doubting that I might deliver my 2nd also earlier like my 1st kid and suggesting me to go for progesterone injection starting from my 16w of pregnancy till 37th week.

Is this true ladies?

Any premature baby mommies got pregnant with 2nd and delivered a full term baby? Please share your thoughts here.

1 person likes this.

2. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

just a general question. is ur first baby doing fine born at 33 weeks..

I heard that if first one is born prematurely then chances are that the second one is also born prematurely. in usa, they track it if u have a first baby born prematurely so that to avoid further problems

3. AnithaPartha

Shruti,

My son is doing fine now. Let's see what other ladies says about this.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I do not know about this. Never consulted or browsed info regarding this from the professionals side.

But, my aunt and one of my neighbors delivered preemies at their 30th week, and both were virginal deliveries only. The kids are extremely fine now. Not sure what sort of a problems that they had faced at the beginning, since they were kept at NICU for a longer period I guess.

Both the mommies then delivered normal full term kids in a couple of years, vaginally again. They never told me anything about such special treatment that they had to undergo following a premature delivery to safe guard their next babies. But I am sure, they were extremely careful and prepared around week 30 for the arrival of the next one, although they came on time.

1 person likes this.
  5. AnithaPartha

That's a great news SGBV!
    So, there are cases who delivered full term, 1st being premature.. good to hear.. that too w/o any shots :)

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

7. AnithaPartha

8. npri

npri Bronze IL'ite

Anitha,

I also delivered the baby by 35 weeks and pregnant with second. There are more chances that would happen for the second time also. My Mom who is gync in cbe has advised me to go with some hormonal injection to avoid this for second time. for this reason i am going to India for my delivery so that she can take care of me very well.

Having the injection is good.

did u have water break down during your first ?

9. AnithaPartha

NPRI,

Oh really... Yes, my water broke for my first but GYN couldn't tell the exact reasons and I didn't have any issue during my 1st pregnancy so it was a big surprise for all of us. The only thing we did was we went for 2012 movie that time. The same night I had to deliver my DS. Good to hear that your mom is a GYN in Coimbatore.. Between, what is her name? My GYN also suggested me to take shots starting from 16w and she has given time to think about it.. am also planning to consult with a dr in cbe to take 2nd opinion... nice to see your post..

10. raisin

raisin Bronze IL'ite

what was your baby's wt at 33 weeks, anitha.