a friend scaring me during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shrutimanjunath, Aug 29, 2013.

1. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

Here in IL we are helping other preggie moms gather courage during their pregnancy and manage post partum alone.
    I m due in march 2014 and I will not be getting any support from both of our families during labor,delivery and post partum.

I have a friend(hubbys colleagues wife) . when she gotta know i was pregnant 2 months back, she was like bugging me to get my family members to help me.
    and telling Being alone is risky for u. Whenever she calls /meets she tells me that ur not having anyone to help. She is 10 years married and has 2 kids.:bonk

I know that we r not getting anyone but im gathering courage and also support other ladies in the forum who are about to handle post partum alone.

I had avoided her completely for a week. coz it was pinching me. I am not really hurt/ feel bad if our family is unable to come to help us.

But what pinches me is an experienced lady talking such things.I had also nausea and headache in first trimester and she was telling me "i told u get ur family members." She thinks shes a big doctor and a very experienced lady, but has no common sense.

How to tackle such ladies.??

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

ignore her and be positive... there are some people like that and they can never be changed..
    he who sows the seed, will pave way for the tree.. God is there.. be cool...

2 people like this.
  3. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

just ignore her and next time if she says the same thing tell her ""you are facing things alone and its better now""

Don't worry be strong and stay positive....

We all in IL family are there for your support.... Ignore such people...

1 person likes this.
  4. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Great!!!! Good to see a spirit like this.

I always think why people invite trouble in the name of help during pregnancy. After your delivery share your experience here so that will help someone to takecare of themselves and their kid. I think people who invite trouble in the name of help are attention seekers

1 person likes this.
  5. shrutimanjunath

Yes ur right.. but my concern is also that if something goes wrong, she wud come and tell that i told u to get ur parents now face it'???
    How to react to this?

1 person likes this.
  6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Tell her (little rude though) - This is our baby and we want to enjoy every happiness on this as husband and wife and dont need any help at this point. If at all things change and I need help I will conside what you told. For now I am good and You should be happy for us. Please leave these personal choices to ourself. Appreciate your concern

2 people like this.
  7. shrutimanjunath

:bowdown Thanks very much....
    Its all gods grace and ILs (read indus ladies -not inlaws :D)support that i have gathered this courage. I always planned my pregnancy in usa coz of the medical facility here in usa. Luckily, I could conceive at the correct month. Me and my DH are managing it now and even when many families here were shocked to know that im not getting anybody from our homes to help. Most ladies assured mental support and this friend assured mental torture. I am keeping my spirits positive most of the times inspite of the mood swings just becoz it was my dream to have a baby in usa and now when god has showered us this blessing. I will share with u guys all the things i went thru and how i managed it. Thanks for liking my spirit

2 people like this.
  8. Mommyagain

Mommyagain Silver IL'ite

The next time she tells you that, just say 'you are right. You are so sweet and caring, you are such a great friend! Now, since i cannot have my parents here to help me,can you please cook for me until my morning sickness fades away? I will also think of you as soon as I am in trouble and need help. I am sure you will always be ready to help me'

3 people like this.
  9. shrutimanjunath

Oh thanks so much Sangeetha!! IL is so supportive and encouraging to me all the times.I have found a family in here. Many thanks for all the ladies out there.

10. shrutimanjunath

Yes ur right!! Will tell this to her..What i feel sometimes is she is scared where we might ask her for help during emergency , so to back up this. she is forcing someone from my family to come(look at her mentality). She was tellin that once baby is born she wud com to bathe the baby and me. haha.. after hearing her mental torture, does she expect me to call her to give us a sauna bath :p. had i been in her place, i wd have offered lot of help for the new born and mom, coz its all humanity. though im much smaller to her.