1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do housewives spend their time

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indirank, Aug 21, 2013.

1. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs. i am starting this thread for all those who are housewives and would like to know how you spend your time.
    Starting with mine - i got married last year in april. Before that i was working as a lecturer in engineering college.and never had any gap in education also. I have always been a busy and active person. since we have lot of social contact in my hometown we used to attend many gatherings and functions regularly. after marriage i tried searching for a job but could not find any which would suit my timings so that i could manage home as well as job. so here is my daily routine. i wake up around 6, me n DH go for a walk and come back around 7.15. then i make brkfast n pack lunch for my DH , he leaves at 9. After that i am totally free as i cook lunch for me also wen i pack his lunch box. I read newspaper, watch tv, some daily soaps, i read posts on IL. sometimes i practice music as i have learnt hindustani classical music. I dont take afternoon nap. I don know what to do in the afternoons. I keep waiting for my DH to return. He s back by 7. then again cooking cleaning washing sleeping :-(

2 people like this.

2. mangala hegde

mangala hegde New IL'ite

Hi,indirank.

It depends on u and your creative mind.u can spend time in learning new things as u can teach,stitch,write,learn new receipes,draw,anything which u can think of or if u want to improve anything yourself.U have the time and energy.so go ahead and make use of it.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I have heard there are online teaching opportunities. You might want to look into that, other wise enjoy your days as you please. When I used to be sahm I use to go to library, read, picked up different hobbies like sewing embroidery etc, also made friends as we were new to that area.

4. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply

5. winpie

winpie Silver IL'ite

Hi Indirank,
    I have always found this question amazing! I was a housewife for 20 years and for me it was a question not of how to spend time but how to find time! The trouble is that most people think of only cooking and cleaning when they think of a homemaker but it you think of it as a career just like any other, there is so much scope to improve and progress!
    It takes more than cooking and cleaning to make a house a home... And if you have other interests like learning more in the subjects you love, 24 hours in a day seem too little to do all that you want to!
    What does the trick is to have deadlines other than the ones related to your husband's office timings - deadlines that give purpose to your day... it could be some art or some crafts like stitching, painting, exotic cooking or even further studies in engineering...the opportunities available today are endless.
    All you need is to think out of the box :)

12 people like this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Indirank,

Think that your are a homemaker not a housewife. Think beyond cooking and cleaning. Learn some craft, or think going for a class which would develop your skill either in on educational front, personality or hobby learning or for a cooking / baking. There is so much out to learn, develop and excel. Idle mind is devil's workshop. When idle and seeing soaps will make your mind manipulative and spoil relationships. Instead divert and concentrate on something useful.

I 100% agree with winpie.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

duplicate post..

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Enjoy this FREE TIME as long as it lasts:) coz ONCE u have a kid? It is tough to find time.After the first kid, if u probably go for the second...u will scream to find some time:)
    After kids, if u want to start going for a job again..THEN u will really love to switch places with a housewife and also yearn for your newly married life.Life will become so very hectic.

The only real time u can enjoy is the "initial newly married life".That too, if u have inlaws living with u?Forget it:))

All i can say is u r so very lucky now to pursue ur interests.do it while u can.

Make hay while the sun shines.

try to study more,join yoga/gym/meditation,learn cooking,read novels,decorate the home,plan ur weekends,go out with friends etc.

Homemakers should be really put in a pedestal! trust me.

KEEPING A HOME IS AN ART!! not everyone can do it.going to office..u at least meet people and get a break.

taking care of the family,sacrificing her needs and getting disrespected by other people for the MOST PRICELESS choice of staying at home is NOT EASY.

Good luck

4 people like this.
  9. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

anyone wonder if housewives are homemakers then who is that magician that makes the homes of working couple? :p

12 people like this.
  10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radhai,

Of course homemakers. Homemakers. Doesn't this word mean both genders?!:)

2 people like this.