We miss you Singapore..Long lasting Memories!

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Singapore' started by umaraj23, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: I Miss SG :( & feel little J abt the ILites there:D

Dear Latha

Waiting for your relocation to SG, so that I can get my share of your yummy yum bakes.
    Hope fully you relocate here to SG , before we relocate to India.

(Generally I like here in SG...but now feel bored after 10 donkey years hereDrowning)

Welcome Joshila! But you guys remember that it has changed a lot than the year 2000 and lots of Indians now:thumbsup

2. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

hi latha...
    yep me also very very eager to get bac to sg...life out there was cool !!
    btw Abhi...:shock: is it?? ....Indians everywhere is always nice :thumbsup

3. SBRose

SBRose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Joshila

:yes: What Vijee (AbhiSing) said is true.. I feel like living in madurai at times.. I live in potong pasir (near little india). SivaDurga temple is near my apartment and i go to the temple often as i feel like going to my mom's place..
    Life is good here..and homesick is always there..i try to balance it off with friends & phone calls to india. Phone calls are cheaper from here..

Love Loads,

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

oh! Rose, Potang pasir is a very nice place esp that temple ...I loved it the first time I came there.It a lot reminded me of madras temple(thats where I come from ).:lol:
    hm..u & vijee are all from madurai, ryt!! thats also a very good place, hv lived there for a short while in a place called vasanthanagar.:) I loved the idlis, the temple & of course the maligai poo.:cool2: Its been ages I adored one :(
    thats also a thing for which I miss sg...atleast we got that poo there thou uncomparable to madurai ones!! chinna chinna asaigalil athuvum onnum ...:biggrin2:

..having spoken abt these ..feel homesick so going off to hv atleast madras coffee :coffee that wld bring n some solace .... :)thats the best I can do now....hehehe

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  5. purpleflower

purpleflower New IL'ite

i was in SG for close to 2 years. now i m back in india.. i loved sg. there is no other place like tht.

n imiss tht place absolutely.. wish i could go back there!!

6. joshila

joshila Bronze IL'ite

ya...purpleflower, I know.... nothing to beat sg lifestyle ........

7. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hey there,

Loved your passion for singapore...

I am planning a holiday with my family. My son is special needs ( wheelchair bound), so would prefer a hotel apartment..any suggestions? also is car rental with a driver an option thats available or better for a taxi?? Since there are so many of you lived there and know et all am bouncing this question.

I also wish to know more abt temples and indian food... I am sure to get more information soon...

Cheers,

1 person likes this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Oosha,

Welcome to SG :) SG is certainly a nice place for vacation as there is lots to see and the travel within SG is not difficult. Almost all hotels and malls provide for wheelchair/prams, so you need not be worried on that account. When you book your hotel you can check with them on this and also ask them if they provide car rental / driver, though I am sure you can use the regular taxis as well, as the cab drivers are always friendly and ready to help out.

Coming to indian food, you will find it every where, almost all food courts have an indian outlet as well as many places have anandha bhavan, komalavilas, saravana bhavan branches etc. Little India is literally a little india where you can find numerous indian food outlets.

Hope this is of help. do post in if you need any further info in particular.

All the best to your family!

9. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

thanks so much Akila..... surely will get in touch and post for any other, if need be..

cheers

1 person likes this.