1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Majaa-Masti-gossips!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Rohit Shetty have proved to be the magic formula the box office was looking for. Aamir Khan's, 3 Idiots is no longer the top earning film in India, a record it held for four years. That honour now goes to Chennai Express, which has collected Rs 202.67 crores, speeding past 3 Idiots' Rs 202.47 crores.

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted: Records are meant to be shattered and #ChennaiExpress does just that. Becomes the BIGGEST grosser of Hindi cinema.

He also had praise for the director: Rohit Shetty becomes most successful director of Hindi cinema: 3 centuries and 1 double century. 4 films that feature in 100 cr+ grossers!

Last week, Chennai Express collected the fastest Rs 100 crores ever. Yesterday, it was reported have made the quickest Rs 200 crores.

However, Aamir's ,3 Idiots, which co-stars Kareena Kapoor, is still the biggest earner worldwide, having collected a total of Rs 392 crores at home and abroad. That's the next record Chennai Express will be chugging towards breaking.

Chennai Express stars Shah Rukh as 40-year-old Rahul who meets Deepika's character, Tamil belle Meenamma, on a train to Rameshwaram.
    [​IMG]

2. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Deserves the "best photoshopped pic" award :) :)

8 people like this.
  3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    Karisma Kapoor walked the ramp for Vikram Phadnis at the Lakme Fashion Week 2013. The collection, inspired from "Ponds Gold Radiance", was for the upcoming festive season and had real gold micro particles.
    Karisma looked gorgeous in a gold gown with a heavily embroidered top.
    Also seen at the show were Ritiesh and Genelia Deshmukh, Kunal Kapoor among others.[​IMG]

4. simba1211

simba1211 Junior IL'ite

lol, really and do they even come to know what are they been harrased about in tamil?

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Jet lags are a thing of past for actress Priyanka Chopra, who recently came back to the country after spending a month in the US.

She was travelling across the US to promote her new single Exotic, and to create buzz around animation film Planes, in which she has given voiceover for an Asian character named Ishaani.

Priyanka flew down from Los Angeles to New Delhi on August 19 morning, and she was fresh and ready for an event related to a social cause.

No jet lag?

"We've got over jet lags, we don't get time for jet lags. Jet lag ke liye bhi time nahin hai (Imagine there's no time even for jetlag)," Priyanka said.

The 31-year-old sipped hot coffee to stay awake and alert.

"This is my third since the morning! But what to do," she added.

Even before she could get a breather, Priyanka is now caught up with the promotions of her forthcoming movie Zanjeer, releasing on September 6. The film is a remake of the 1973 Amitabh Bachchan-starrer of the same name.

[​IMG]

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

After making her debut in showbiz as a child artiste with Shah Rukh Khan starrer Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, reality TV actress Sana Saeed is ready to get back to the big screen.

The 24-year-old, who was last seen in a small role in Student Of the Year, said she is reading a few scripts.

"Acting is on my radar now. I will get back to acting soon as I have got few scripts in my hand. I am reading them currently," Sana said.

The actress, who is the latest contestant to be evicted from Jhalak Dikhla Jaa following her two month-long stay on the show, was not expecting her elimination from the dance reality show so soon.

"Just a week before, I got the second highest score. I have never got bad comments from the judges. Still, I got less votes and voting from the audience plays a major role," she added.

But Sana is happy with her journey on Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa as she got to learn many new dance forms with choreographer Tushar Kalia.

"It has been an incredibly journey. I have learnt 18 new dance forms from Tushar. I am definitely going to take my dance forward. The show has given me a good exposure," said Sana, who was known for her high octane dance performances on Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
    [​IMG]

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Katrina's sister Natacha got married on Sunday and thanks to the Bollywood actress' busy schedule, she could only leave Mumbai for London just hours before the ceremony.

Katrina left Mumbai for London on midnight on Saturday to join her family for the wedding, thereby rubbishing all the rumours and speculation regarding her alleged time-off for a visit to join Ranbir Kapoor in Sri Lanka.

A friend of Katrina said: "To insinuate that Katrina has nothing better to do than to follow Ranbir Kapoor around like a jobless star-wife wherever he is shooting is not just absurd, but also insulting.

"Katrina didn't even have time to join her family in London in advance before the wedding. She left Mumbai for London just hours before the ceremony."

That also shoots down other speculation that Katrina was busy trousseau-shopping for Natacha.

"Rubbish," says Katrina's friend.

"All her sisters as strong-willed and independent-minded as Katrina. Natacha did all her wedding shopping on her own. Katrina just flew in to attend the wedding. She flies back in a few days."

Among Katrina's forthcoming films are Dhoom 3 and Bang Bang.

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

An ominously stormy sky, skyscrapers, choppers flying in the air and a topless man watching all this standing behind a window - this is the first look of the much awaited film Dhoom 3. It's dramatic and makes you curious.

Although the face is not visible, the man in the poster looks like Aamir Khan giving a glimpse of his well-toned body, something which audiences appreciated in his 2008 hit Ghajini. He is seen wearing a pair of trousers and has teamed it up with a hat.

The film is scheduled for a Christmas release, an auspicious time for Aamir's films, and the poster's tag line proclaims: "This year will end with a Dhoom".

The 48-year-old is playing an antagonist in Dhoom 3, the third instilment in the franchise that started in 2004 with John Abraham playing the villain. Hrithik Roshan played the negative role in Dhoom 2.

It is reportedly said that Aamir has used a lot of acrobatic skills to pull off heists in the Vijay Krishna Acharya directed action thriller that also features Katrina Kaif as his love interest.

Abhishek Bachchan once again returns to play a cop, chasing the super villain with Uday Chopra as his sidekick.
    [​IMG]

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Katrina Kaif looked stunning as a bridesmaid at her sister Christine's wedding in London.
    Kat, who left for London in a hurry on Saturday, is enjoying quality time with her family at the wedding.
    Christine tied the knot on Sunday, August 25.
    Seen in the picture below are (from left) Mellisa, Sonia, Katrina, Isabel, Bride's best friend, Stephanie and Natacha.
    Note: It was Katrina's sister Chrisitine who got married and not Natacha as reported by the media.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Bollywood star Rekha attended the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha Tuesday for first time during the monsoon session.
    Draped in a yellow silk saree and carrying a golden handbag, Rekha entered the house during the question hour and was seen talking to fellow members.
    The 57-year-old was nominated to Rajya Sabha last April along with cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, who came to house on the first day of monsoon session Aug 5.
    Rekha hogged the limelight with camerapersons jostling to click her.
    Earlier, the actress had attended the budget session May 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.