Queries, questions about various schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sowjvin, Dec 19, 2006.

Best CBSE School in Chennai

1. Padma seshadri

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. DAV, Gopalapuram

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. NPS, Gopalapuram

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sowjvin

sowjvin New IL'ite

I have asked the same question in another thread, but didnt get any answers specifically from any of the ladies.......so .........again......please ladies, help me out to find good schools in and around medavakkam, my son is 3 andhalf and i am looking for cbse school

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Which class r ur kids in?

Actually if you are ready to send your school a bit far off you have good schools in East Tambaram and Velachery. In East Tambaram you have Sri Sankara Vidhyalaya, In Kendriya Vidhyalas too they have open admission, you can try there too. If you are so keen on CBSE you can try Kendriya Vidhyalaya or DAV in Velachery.

Will update you with more schools after seeing your reply. Pls let me know your kids age and which class they will be going

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Prince School

Hi sowjvin

I have heard of one school in medavakkam, which is very famous. Prince Matriculation school. I dont think its CBSE ! but, i can guarantee you the coaching will be v.good and consistently Prince has been producing many rank-holders. But only problem is I have heard the school is sooooooooooo strict, I donno whether that will have any impact ?

Love,
    Preethi

4. gayathriraghu

gayathriraghu New IL'ite

Hi

Prince Matriculation school is in Madipakkam (I stay in Madipakam-fyi). Sorry, I could not login couple of days since last Saturday. Just gimme a couple of days, I will check out and come back.

5. ItsMeSuja

ItsMeSuja New IL'ite

Good luck finding schools..

Hi

If you are staying at Medavakkam, i think Sindhi Model School would be near to you. It is a good school, CBSE located in Damodara street, Kellys.

You can find other good CBSE schools in Kilpauk Garden Road. You have Bhavans Rajaji vidhyashram near Mummy Daddy, Chinmaya Vidhalaya etc.,

Good luck hunting for good school for your child. Do let me know which school you had finally put your son..

Bye
    Sujatha

6. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

My 2 cents

One of my friend studied in Prince school ...Looks like they are very very strict.....and it had a very bad impact on him ..till today(it has been more ten years since he finished school) he is not able to come out of it ...
    A very studious guy like him developed a hatred to studies ...
    Looks like in this school they concentrate more more on studies ...and gives no time to play..
    The saying All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy ...proved to be true in my friend's case

I heard that they a have Padma Seshadris School there ...y dont u try it ...

7. gayathriraghu

gayathriraghu New IL'ite

Schools

I am very sorry, I could not reply on time. The school mentioned by our friend is Vel's vidhyashram - run under direct supervision of Mrs YGP (Founder of Padma Seshadri). Mode of teaching etc is the same as Padma Seshadri. One more central board school is Modern Higher secondary school at Nanganallur. They are also CBSE. To my knowledge, there are many matriculation schools around this area. Prince school gives a good coaching no doubt, but the comments heard above seem to be true.

8. Srileka

Srileka New IL'ite

Re: Hi

Hi

I am Srileka. I am now in Sharjah with my family. i will be moving to chennai(madipakkam,ramnagar extension) by year end . my kid is 2yrs old. his dob is 15th march 2005. Is it possible to get admission in LKG for him in DAV public school,velachery for 2008-2009 academic year. By june 2008 he will be 3 yrs 21/2 months old. I want my kid to study in cbsc curriculum. Kindly clarify me.

Srileka

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi srilekha,

Most schools in chennai do accept 3.5yrs. for school admission. only in some international schools they want your kid to be 4+ in march for the admission. (both my son and daughter started lkg in the same 4+ way.)

Regarding madipakkam area- there are lot of matriculation schools. few cbse schools. DAV velachery - according to a close friend has lost its sheen. it is not as it used to be- it has become more of money...hope you understand what i mean. if you are not paticular about cbse then there is sai matriculation, holy angels in madipakkam/kilkattalai - on the main road. dont go to prince schools. then there is modern school in puzhuthivakkam - reasonably good one and is nearer to madipakkam. then there is chellammal school a cbse one -nanganallur-hindu colony. dav adambakkam is one more. You will not believe the number of schools that have cropped in this area. regarding dav velachery the application forms are given in january i think. and yes your son can get into lkg.

hope this clarifies any doubts.

love.
    shanthi.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  10. Srileka

Srileka New IL'ite

Hello Shanthi,

Thank you for clarifying my doubts. I think now i have more options to seek admission for my kid. I am relieved.

Thanks and Regards

Srileka

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2007
    4 people like this.