want to work as a volunteer ,what to do?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by seemaindia, Aug 24, 2013.

1. seemaindia

seemaindia New IL'ite

hi friends,

I want to join as a volunteer,so I called a institution where I ve to teach students Math, they called me and asked me to do some background check on me, for which I have to pay ,is this the way it happens that I,work as a volunteer,have to pay???

2nd Q:do I ask them upfront that if they are going to give me any volunteer certificate at the end or not?after all I am doing it so that it will help me in future?

3rdQ:can u guys suggest any good volunteer opp(virtual,as I don't ve DL),where u ve alrady worked and pretty satisfied?

need ur help friends

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

You need to be clear for which field you would like to volunteer your services. It is unfair to ask the person who is volunteering his/her services to pay. Also remember, you will not get paid too.

It is like the first rug of a social ladder where you are getting committed for a social cause.

Every institution, NGO, Trust which invites volunteers have an application form format which comes with DISCLAIMER where you the rules are mentioned to avoid legal hassles.

1 person likes this.
  3. seemaindia

seemaindia New IL'ite

thank u malspie for ur reply, actually u gave me some direction..

4. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    t
    I am S/w Engg graduated in 2004. Some of my college senior started an org called "smile" which mainly invoves educating the need.

I know this and involved in it personally.

check here http://www.smile.org.in/.If u want any introduction to the group I can do it .

Also point to note is : I am not very sure abt the certificate .