PF (Employee Provident Fund) Information

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by leelal, Mar 24, 2013.

1. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

If you have rendered more than 10 yrs service you are eligible only for Scheme Certificate. There is no option for withdrawal benefit. When you join another co that service too can be added with another scheme certificate. At the age of 50 you can apply for reduced pension accumulating all the service provided you are unemployed. Keep the scheme certificate safe and keep copies too. It is very important. I hope I am clear.

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

ok.. thank you so much..

3. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

I am glad that you got the info you wanted.

4. smilealwayss

smilealwayss Gold IL'ite

Dear LGirish

I worked for an year and 2 months.
    I have no idea why it is rejected. I gave the college address as the communication address., so the rejected form was sent there. my status claim on EPF site is as below :

STATUS for Member ID:

Your account has been settled. For detail's please contact respective EPF Office.

**Data updated till 05-08-2013 08:09:47

Total requests served: 6596096 (updated - 07-08-2013 02:45:01)

This was another update I got initially

TATUS for Member ID:

Claim ID :
    Status : Claim Form 19 for PF Settlement AGAINST Member Account No. has been settled. Payment sent through NEFT.

Claim ID :
    Status : Claim Form 10C for Withdrawal Benefit AGAINST Member Account No has been rejected. Rejection letter is under dispatch/ dispatched to address in your claim.

Kindly let me know what it means and what can be done further.

Getting attestation from Ex employer ... can I go and directly get it from the college?

Thanks a lot for the reply. (feel really good!)

5. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

hi smilealways,
    There is still hope. You can contact your ex-employer and find out if form 10c was returned to their address. You can rectify the shortfalls pointed out in the forwarding letter from pf office and resubmit it. If you are not able to find out the form fill up another form 10c get it attested by them and submit to pf office. If you find no issues in giving me your pf no details thro' pm- provided it is a chennai based orgn- (since you may not want to share your personal details in public forum) I can find out the exact status of your old claim and then advice accordingly. Hope this helps.

6. smilealwayss

smilealwayss Gold IL'ite

HI lGIRISH
    you ve mentioned :

"You can contact your ex-employer and find out if form 10c was returned to their address. You can rectify the shortfalls pointed out in the forwarding letter from pf office and resubmit it."

that is what is the problem .... the officer incharge for the PF is not responding well., the principle is changed., and I am not getting proper response from any one. All they say is they are trying from past many months.

and yes .... I tried PV option in indus ladies... but it says I can not since I did not post atleast 10 posts in the past month. will see if I can send u PV soon.

7. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

ok I am there to help. Let's hope everything turns fruitful soon.

8. deepanand2010

deepanand2010 New IL'ite

Hi Girish,

I'm residing in chennai now. I worked in bangalore for 1 and half years n i quit my job on 2010. could you please tel me the procedure to claim my pf? thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Deepa

9. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

You can get form 19 and 10c free of cost from a p f office nearby(Offices are located at Royapettah, Tambaram and Mogappair in Chennai) or download from their website, fillup, enclose a cancelled cheque leaf/copy of bank pass book get the forms attested by your ex employer and submit in the region where you worked(Suppose your p f number is BG/BNG/12345/6 submit to Bangalore Regional Office). In case 3 years have completed since your date of leaving enclose address proof(voter id/passport/ration card) and a letter stating reasons for delayed submission of claim. The forms have to be submitted physically. Pl don't forget to mention your mobile number on top of the claim in the col provided. Once the payment is approved you will get sms alert. You can watch claim position online. Incase you are interested in getting the pf accumulations transferred to your present account you need to submit form 13 to the present region where you are working through your present employers.

10. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Igirish,
    Please clarify few of my doubts regd PF. I have a joined an organization in the year 2005 and continued there for 3.5 years. Took a break for 15 months and rejoined the same organization in the year 2010. For some unknown reasons or due to my ignorance, a new PF account has been opened. worked there until dec 2012. now, I want to withdraw both the Pf amounts. from your previous post, I could gather that these might be the required documents.
    1. Form 10C and form 19
    2. bank pass book copy
    3. Is address proof required ( does Gas connection bill be considered)

Finally, one more doubt. Can I make a set for each PF account and send them through courier to my ex-employee. Thanks in advance.