Singapore Spice Bazaar! Information about Groceries availability!

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by AbhiSing, Mar 24, 2008.

1. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi Abhi,

I hadn't really imagined that u will go thru such a worse(more than bad) incident.First of all, i am feeling guilty bcoz its me who referred u that CT with caution .
    let me apologize to u at this juncture.Even i had a bad experience with them so many times but not as worse as urs.I wonder what these people r up to?

Thank godddd,atleast ur money is not a waste.
    heyy,cheer up! dont worry that ur running out of groceries,sure,sarada will come up with parathas atleast now.(just kidding)

once again sorry abhi

cheers,
    spandhana

2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Yes Raji

I and my friends too kept wondering where these shopkeepers come from and this happened in such a time that the survey about Service Quality in Singapore has created a sensational news that week! (One of my friends told me , may be the man used to work in Mustafa beforeBig Laugh,You know, they have this laid back attitude in Mustaffa and if we ask for somethings, they will tell us, if it is not there, it wont be available...)

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear dear Spandhana
    Please dont apologise. It is not your or my mistake. You have not done anything wrong. Please...No more sorry business here. Please dont feel guilty. It is I who wanted to try the shop. Thanks anyway for the reference. It gives us a chance to see this kind of Jokers (losers) doing service in Singapore without any Quality.
    I just wanted to feedback my experience and to warn the other singilites about this shop. That is all.
    The best part of all is we had a good laugh...despite me ending up buying things at NTUC. And as you mentioned I didnt pay.
    Waiting for saradha and the Prathas...

4. NeerajaSur

NeerajaSur New IL'ite

Dear Vijee,

:wave: Hi.. Been a week or so since i posted here..

Trust me these grocery shops are more or less the same here. Last month i had some problem with Shiv Sagar Trading. Prior to that when i was using Karthika.. that guy there (must be the owner) and a lady who works there had major attitude problem. Despite using them for more than 2 yrs..they still had problems delivering groceries on time. In between i also tried Achi shop for a very short period. Those guys were even worst. They wld deliver vegetables at the door step and would not even inform or call the bell. It has happened quite a few times that the next day morning, i have found vegetables bags left outside my door :crazy

Anyways..between us, sharing our experiences definitely gives us a good writing on the wall.

Regards
    Shoba.

5. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Hi Sharada,

You are all right, all prices are increasing except the salaries. I think we have to really start doing research on what is cheaper whereWitsend. I too muy the veggies from Maimoon, the rates are reasonable and the veges are fresh. Can anyone tell me where to find Methi Leaves other than mustafa ?
    As for the grossary, i get it from Mustafa and some one mentioned it is really a patience testing task. I had tried Selvi's home delivery before but i find the quality and variety are less. Can any of you please give me the contact info on Cholans. I would like to try from there.

Regards
    Lakshmi

6. sarada

sarada Senior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    You can contact Cholan Trading at 62985137.

Its been more than 3 weeeks since I posted here. Guess I am still not up to date.

anyone buying rice for storing? Current price is $10.50 and it seems its expected to rise every 2 days. :(

Lakshmi, you can get methi leave from maimoon or cholan too but generally they dont have regularly. Infact, last week and before that i couldnot get Indian palak and methi leaves from mustafa too.

ILites, there is a shop opened near mustafa (guess its around 2 months) its name is Lavana agri trading..(beside sakuntala restraunt)
    Veggies seem ok.. even few groceries cost less. But they said that they will deliver for 100$:bang worth of groceris Rant

See u later Ladies,
    Regards
    Sarada

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Shoba,

Yes all these home delivery services have their own disadvantages but no other go. Finally I reverted back to "Ambaal Maligai" as usaual and got them delivered in 1 day.
    The prices are reasonable too.

8. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vijee,

Will the deliver veggies also including methi and palak.watz thier contact number?

Cheers,
    Spandhana

9. Lakshmi29

Lakshmi29 New IL'ite

Thanks Sharada for the number, I will try it for next month and see how it goes.
    All the others are also mentioning about so many other shops, guess we have to find the best one for individual taste, by trial and error.
    This is a great site and i congratulate everyone here.
    regards
    Lakshmi

10. anithakarthik

anithakarthik New IL'ite

Hi all,
    How r u? i used to get my groceries in Sri Murugan Stores in Bukit Batok n Bukit Gombak. I don't know whether the prices r cheap or not. but, i find the quality is good. Have anyone gone to their shops. Since Aug 2007, i used to get things from their shop. I've not tried any other shops. Anyways, where is this Chennai Trading? I used to get all my vegetables from Wet Market.