March 2014 Due Date Club :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by april1981, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Me too. I don't like pants during pregnancy mainly. Love to try frocks, skirts. But, here in NJ mostly it is cold. So, cant go for both of it. Just thinking !

2. Rainbo

Rainbo Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone...how r u all doing..one benefit of this club is ..I think we all go thru same issues during same time.. I was also stuck on clothes and specially bras..bought some UG's 1size up..but bought under wired .. its cousing discomfort at night..getting stabbing feeling with those hard wire..will do some research and will buy few more without wire.
    i am not sure what's maternity bra will that be helpful and also heard there are bra extensions available do any of you know where to get those..?
    I don't wanna buy maternity clothes until I will se e something good..as everybody says they don't look good..lets c..as of now I bought long skirt it look very good as it gives nice mermaid like shape..and living on few super low waist pants I had..which are cotton material but skinny fit and comfortable on waist..

Most of my symptoms are gone..feeling much better but worried at same time..

Take care all of you..and keep posted .

1 person likes this.
  3. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi

Sorry to interrupt uma....im reading all due date club so also urs. From begining im seeing u r weight concious in pregnancy. Please eat properly because baby should be healthy & after it comes to the world it needs more immunity. So dont concentrate on ur weight, please eat properly which ever suits ur health & which ever is digested properly. Eat healthy.... After all u r putting weight for the sake of healthy baby u can put on weight now & decrease it easily after delivery by dieting & exercising & more important running behind the kid. I hope u wont mistake me.

1 person likes this.
  4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Upavi: You're not an interruption :)

Even though I'm concerned about unhealthy weight gain, I'm not avoiding food for weight reason. Nothing goes into my stomach that easily. I can only eat curd rice / rasam rice which digests well. I eat lot of fruits and try to add as much vegetables as I can in my diet. Unfortunately, if my food is not digesting properly, I throw up after few hours and ended up being exhausted. So, I try to eat food which my stomach can take (at least until my indigestion is bearable)

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying not to worry too much about weight gain. But I'm closely tracking to make sure I'm gaining the healthy weight. (With indigestion problem, I haven't achieved it yet)

2 people like this.
  5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Rainbo,
    I too have underwired and it hurts my tender breasts now :(
    Planning to buy wirefree soon..

Regarding long skirt yes it will be good. I need to get one too during my India trip.,

Ladies,

Please let me know if I can stitch patiyala pant with short tops ? Am very comfortable in Salwars. For office, ofcourse office wears . Let me know if leggings with Kurta is a good option or salwar?

Also give me tips what all clothing s good in India for pregnant ladies?

I'll buy few nighties for sure :)

6. kav1tha

kav1tha Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I have completed 12 weeks and took NT scan yesterday. As per the scan baby's growth is fine but the placenta is lying in low level. I'm really nerveous now.. Is any one faced the same prob ? and i got severe dry cough also, Docotor suggested me to take only ZECUF syrup.

2 people like this.
  7. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone ...been a long time since I logged in. No internet connection so am replying from my mobile. Went for my second sonography on friday and could see my little bundle of joy moving in my uterus. I am not comfortable with internal examination so I was very stiff. Doctor in a joking way told that the baby is co operating more than you and seems to be having more brains than you. I told the doc let whatever he said be true. Have my Nt scan scheduled this Thursday. I am really nervous. I never had an Nt scan for my first born. Then on Friday I have my dual marker. People who have under went an Nt scan can u guys throw some light on the procedure. My due date on the second sonography is 7 march. I will be completing 12 weeks on Thursday. I have been reading all the posts regularly but sometimes feel too lazy to reply. Was also happy to see the new due date club. Its been just a month since I started the march club but feels like a long time. We should also discuss our food schedule so e know whether webare lacking nutritionionally some where.

2 people like this.
  8. kav1tha

kav1tha Gold IL'ite

Dear April1981,

Nice to hear you also completed 12 weeks of journey..!!!! I did my NT scan yesterday and i saw the baby's cute small legs, hands, mouth, nose and ears... Its just like a normal scan. In NT they will find out if the baby have any heredity problem or not... and Doctor suggested to have iron, calcium, vitamin , Thyrocare( to control the thyroid) tablets till the end of pregnancy. For me only the problem is the placenta is lying in low posture, but Dr said its not a major problem , and i will have to take bed rest rest for 2-3 weeks.

So dont worry for anything and share the NT results.

1 person likes this.
  9. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Thanks kavitha for the reassuring words. :)

10. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Kavitha: Low lying placenta is the most common thing in pregnancy. The placenta will move up as you progress in pregnancy.. I had it in my first pregnancy and it eventually moved up and I had normal delivery.

You need to take bed rest. The reason they say that is because the placenta may iriritate the cervix if you walk a lot so better be in bed atleast till you next scan when DOc can evaluate your placenta.I was on bed rest from end of 3rd month till 5th month with my first when they siad I had low lying placenta.. But this is nothing to worry and will not cause any issues in pregnancy

1 person likes this.