Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya and Saheli,

Thnx for the inf. I simply wanted to know.

Take care,

Gayatri

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies...
    Glad to hear that your baby is getting big, Vidisha... Have faith and with such good DH you'll make it through. We may be in the same scenario too and DH plans to be around for 2 weeks to help with the recovery... let's see hoe that goes. May be I'll cook and freeze some gravies to last for couple of weeks. Moreover you can always find some food that you can tolerate from restaurants/take-outs that can help you in emergencies. The baby itself as I understand is not very demanding - you don't even have to bathe the baby everyday - you can take rest and take 1 day at a time. Just hang in there... we'll all survive this. My prayers for all the mommies...
    -L.

3. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello...
    Same here Lavanya..i want to freeze some gravies also...
    Howz ur health?
    Am getting stretch marks....:spin what about u guys? I am using coco butter from 5 th month but no use...

Cheers,
    Vidisha

4. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Gayatri...
    Thanks for the support...My DH also telling me the same thing that we will make this without our dear parents:bang...But i know its hard....

Take care mommies,
    Chillout!

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Yup, I have some stretch marks too and I'm using cocoa butter to battle dryness and itching. Stretch marks are more prominent on the side where my baby tends to bundle up and lay down - but its all part of the game, so that's okay. You can even try "Mederma" gel (onion extract is the main ingredient) - it works on some people, but most often stretch marks have a lasting imprint unless you get a cosmetic surgery done - to be on the safe side use the gel after the delivery. Its found in pharmacy or cosmetics aisles even in shops like Walmart.

Have faith and take one day at a time - we will always find the solution to handle every issue. So just be confident and happy and try to minimize the number of variables and prepare as much as you can and then when the time comes go with the flow. I'm sure you'll do just fine like all other mommies.

I wonder how Pooja is doing as I think she's has the closest EDD...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  6. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi All..

Hope you all and lil one are doing well...

Just want to share the good news with all of you...

We are blessed with a Baby Boy on 21st April.. Baby was 3.17 kgs at the time of birth.. :party: It was a normal delivery without any pain relief..All went well and everything was so sudden and quick.. :yes:

We are so happy..he just keeps us busy .. Enjoying my new role of being a mom.. Trust me it's the best thing in the world ..:clap

After you see your baby and hold him.. you simply forget all the pain.. When doctor had kept my baby on me after he was born..I just cried with happiness to see my lil one..who was with me for these nine month and now in my arms.. :eek:mg:

My mom in law was suppose to come on 25th april.. assuming that I will deliver somewhat near to that date.. But my lil one was so much in hurry.. So I really thank my hubby for all his support and patience.. the way he took care of me during my labour and delivery.. :hatsoff

[​IMG]
    Wish you all the very best for safe delivery ..

Take care
    Pooja

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Congrats Pooja! Wishing life's best for you and your son. Have you named him yet?

Vanathi.

8. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

WOW!!! Congrats Pooja... I was thinking about you last couple days wondering what was happening. Glad to hear that you and your son are doing good. What's his name? Our good wishes to you and your family and hope you recover soon. Looks like you ended up being a April mommy after all!!!
    P.S. I'm posting the news of your baby boy under pregancy announcements. Also please do share your delivery/labor story when you get a chance.
    -L.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  9. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi Pooja,

Congrats on your delivery. Hope u are enjoying each moment with your bundle of joy. Please do let us know what do you plan to name your baby boy.

From a couple of days I was wondering why u were not posting?

Congrats once again and take care!!!!!!!!!!

Gayatri

10. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello
    congrats Pooja.....
    Have a wonderful time with your baby....
    Let us know your baby boy's name....

Congrats again....:party

Vidisha....