1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moving out to own flat and DH has not informed IL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sunshine1970, Aug 15, 2013.

1. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies just for some history IL asked us to move out a short while ago. DH was ignoring it. I told him we need to move as we have been asked and we need to respect your parents wishes. He said he wanted confirmation one more time that is what they wanted, and again the MIL told him best if you move a long with saying many bad things about me. So as he promised he decided we are going to move because this was last chance. Then his mother started a bother drama not even a day later to him, apologizing for what she said, how she will make it work etc. He did not say anything but in the mean time everything is organized (i.e. obtaining new place etc) for us. We got a 2bhp in Amritsar closer to our jobs and it reduces the commuting time. We also enrolled our daughter in a school there. I have also accepted a job offer in a law firm there and it is a really good job. Problem is she thinks now that we are not leaving. I told him he needs to let them know we are leaving. What do you guys think recipe for disaster, but it is up to him to tell as I was kept out of all discussions. I don't want to hurt their feelings intentionally.

2. gayathri12345

gayathri12345 Junior IL'ite

Yeah I totally understand your situation. So stay cool and mostly stay out of the heated arguments and discussions. Let your DH handle the situation carefully. What you are doing now is absolutely right stay calm, and just in case if you feel anything to convey, do it personally to your husband first let him take the things to the next level.

Keep us posted about the developments. Hope each one of you are happy with the decision they take

3. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

Your DH should tell them at the earliest... it doesn't have to be a big drama he can just tell them that you will still see them and that space is a good thing..

4. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

Your role now is to discuss the options with your H. Tell him you understand its a tough situation, but we should face it and that you will support him in every way. If he needs help disclosing this info, then be there for him. If he thinks it might be better if they come to know by you, then take the task. Whatever way he chooses, support him as much as you can. But make sure he wont cancel the arrangements and fall for your MILs trap again. Sometimes its better to stay away and maintain peace. Its good for the physical and mental health of everyone involved.

5. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Greenbow I totally agree with you and have been doing that for DH making my self really emotionally available and offering to support him in any way. I think he needs to be the one to tell his parents as it will start WW3 if I say anything. He also wants to be the one to tell them, I just don't want them finding out from other source since we are making plans on our end. My DH has a deep inability to communicate things with his parents and this has gotten us into much more trouble then we should. In past when i try to communicate the things to avoid understanding they get more huffy so you can't win. I am just going about my business and he just needs to let them know. I am gently reminding him he needs to do this but he avoids it.

6. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Gayathrid12345 thanks for noticing this is what I have been doing, since they all want to keep me out of it I will stay out of it.

7. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much Vaishnavika, I am trying my best to ignore, but just don't want there too be more fall out then needs to be. I know I should be more practical and see glass half full.

8. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

This is the recipe for disaster.

Dont feel guilty. Staying away from each other does not mean not loving or respecting each other. Infact, staying away means peace for both.

Let your husband do the talking. Ask him to talk calmly explaining how it is for the best. You all can meet up occassinally. Thats not an issue. But dont commit on the frequency of meetings or that will be yet another issue.

9. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Nooo !!! :spin If I was there, I would have shaken you up very very hard, so that you could wake up. This feeling of guilt: this is the culprit. This is what that has been making us women fall voluntarily into the pit of misery for centuries :rant....

WAKE UP, WAKE UP. You have no role to play in what is happening between husband and his mom. :bonk.