1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband telling me" sorry" for the first time in our 17 years of married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blessed, Aug 14, 2013.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha... I just had only one word in my mind when I saw the title of your thread... i.e "Her MIL must have been passed away recently".

Then I went through your thread in detail.. and here we are...

The only solution for such marriages are to wait till the bad MIL to say the final good-bye, and the husbands to start using their fresh brains afterwards.

6 people like this.
  2. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Really happy for you blessed and it was very sweet of you to remember all of us at this time to share such a news ! If your husband is really changing by realizing his own deeds, its good for you..! As DG so rightly said, stay blessed until eternity !! :-D

6 people like this.
  3. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

I did not like the above sentence whatever might have happened in the past. Without MIL, DH would not have come and life would not have been smooth

4. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Stay blessed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Blessed,

I am happy for you.

But I am also very surprised very amazing attitude of yours.Even though you put you down so badly,you are ready to move on???How??
    Is it ok to give in marraige all the time???Suppose if he didn't say sorry and you make it up,won't you keep that hurt inside???What's the deal here????

Because I also struggle with this issue all the time.My husband is very short tempered.He just say things and he won't remember what he said in next half an hour.And he just talks normal and you shouldn't get hurt for whatever.At the end he says,it's just him and he can't change and I have to get adjusted.Small issues I don't care,but sometimes some things would hurt me badly.But I have to way to fight with him,because I knew I won't win and he won't agree any mistake from his side and also that issue could get bigger.
    If I don't say anything then things will comes to normal after 10min episode after his tantrums.But somethings I never take out from my mind.
    Actually the issues are not really big.Small issues,he will throw tantrums and I have to take it.

So what's the secret here????

3 people like this.
  6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Finally the day has come to u..

7. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

That's wonderful!! SO happy for you. Stay blessed!!

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Nothing big secret here Priya!
    I have to admit that I got used to this way... when my MIL was alive and if me and my DH had any problem she would immediately sense it and she would be beaming with joy which would easily reflect on her face and this Man will act just like a school boy by not communicating with me directly,so to avoid all this natak I will try my best to make it up as soon as possible.. I know I have to loose my self respect by simply accepting my mistake though I am not at fault..but if I behave like him then it will be some people's gain which I didn't want to happen. Well... otherwise he is a nice Guy, if one person is acting so immaturely then it is better for the other to act wise..

4 people like this.
  9. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

Very very Happy For u dear:)))

10. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Blessed really happy for you.
    So it takes this long time for DH's to change :)))))

2 people like this.