1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need some boost and share your experiences pls

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by klniha, Aug 7, 2013.

1. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I weigh around 87kgs. I should be weighing around 60-65kgs.
    For now, I don't have any medical conditions and I can workout without any restrictions. Few weeks back I started my weight loss journey, after close to 3 years. I always weighed between 60 and 65 before marriage. Then after marriage and a kid, I am 87 :(.

I was finally determined and started on a strict healthy diet and exercise. I could exercise for 250-350 and then slowly 450 cal per day on elliptical. After 1 week of this, I weighed myself and did not lose a gram instead showed increase by 500gms.
    I was highly disappointed in myself and unfortunately gave in to the donuts/chocs which did not tempt me that 1 week even if they were before me.
    Now I am back to square one eating too much. I also stopped going to gym.

Did you all experience this no change in 1 week of strict diet and exercise?
    Pls help me, I want to start but fear not losing weight and eating double.

Thanks!

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Dont give up! ever!

3. Mridhu

Mridhu Silver IL'ite

I would suggest that you conitnue for a month atleast before expecting to se results. Also, there is a chance that when you work out too much, you feel so satisfied and think you can eat without the fear of having to put on weight.

So, take is slow and steady .....Good luck!

4. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

My hugs to u...

Weight loss is a journey it cant happen in one single day or week. Pls keep doing it. Increase ur veggies & fruits surely u ll achieve success one day. In the beginning u might feel difficult but once the routine sticks u cant imagine ur life without exercise & eating healthy. Reduce ur intake of rice for dinner. Go for salads & fruits for dinner twice a week. Slowly u can see changes in ur weight. Fat loss is very important than weight loss, once fat loss is happening in ur body then u ll see drastic change in ur weight too. Limit ur servings. Have one cheat day where u can take whatever u like but in very limited quantity & on other days a strict no means a no. So u wont feel too much of carving one day & eating a lot. On cheat days when u r limiting think that anyway next week again in cheat day u r going to have it. So that way u can limit urself. Exercise is a must, but dont overdo in the beginning start with 1hr workout or a walk slowly increase it to 1.5hrs then 2hrs but not continuously. Morning 1hr & evening 1/2hr to 1hr workout. Finish ur dinner before 8.00pm. Drink water atleast 2-3lts.

5. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Klniha,

It does take time - my rule [ which i cant seem to follow] is to follow a strict routine for 21 days and then you will get used to the routine and it will become easier to follow and you will defiantly see results.

Instead of focusing on weight loss focus on changing your lifestyle to a healthy one. If you are following a healthy lifestyle your body will eventually catch up.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

We never gain that hugs chunk of weight overnight and expecting overnight miracles happens only in commercial ads or after surgery.

klinha, you say you started working out 250 calories to 350 calories and the could go to 450 calories and can exercise for a longer duration. this tells you that your endurance levels has increased.

weight loss is always not about what is shown on the scale. it is about that feeling of fitness, the feeling of goodness after a workout, the feeling of more energy to do other things, the better fitting of your dress, or feeling your arms,legs toning down or just losing 1/2 inch. any of these means you are on the right path.

Dont be disappointed. some of us here have been working out and eating right and yet could not have lost 200gms in 6 months. it happens.

the three c's that help are control, consistency and commitment.

do not measure your weight loss by what the weighing scale shows. sometimes it is disappointing.

just because we work out does not mean that you can eat anything. only somebody who is training for an even works so much that he can eat anything (even then he is supervised). to make a dent in the weight, you need to work out a calorie deficit for your weight. you need to have a deficit of 7700/week to lose 1 kg in a week. you have a choice to bring that deficit either by diet alone or by both workout and diet (which is the healthier way)

All the best and yes there are lots of threads here where people work in groups, motivating, encouraging, and lightly whacking the one who slips. you may join one for that continuous support. you can also find lots of similar, and different experiences shared here.

3 people like this.
  7. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much ladies.
    I am impressed by your story Shanvy, can't imagine how much I would weigh if I went through your phase.

I will be starting my regimen from tomorrow.
    I hope everything goes well....

8. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

daily workouts and strict dieting will give fruitful results, dont give up

9. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can try to drink Kollu (horse gram) rasam/soup for weight loss on a weekly basis/twice a week/daily.
    Regards,
    muthuswathi