PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Re: Ovarian drilling and PCOS: Questions, doubts

Hi Priya

glad to know really keeping of meats is tough when we have to cook :) but the hormones in the meats really do affect our hormone balance.
    here is the gist i got from Low Thyroid Help
    Some of these foods include:
    seaweeds like lato, kelp, nori, gamet and balbalulang
    • yogurt
    • cow’s milk
    • seafood
    • foods grown in iodine rich soil
    • It is also important to note that in addition to foods that help the thyroid gland naturally, there are also foods that inhibit the production of thyroid hormones. These foods, known as goitrogens, contain compounds that interfere with iodine absorption.
    • Goitrogen-containing foods include cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, soy, pine nuts, peanuts, and millet.
    I hope this helps i had bought the suppliments of natural seaweed and i stayed of meats and actually exercised so do give it a try. Ask your doctor about a thyroid test too. Also stay away from all processed canned foodstuff for a while.
    What food is good for tyrhoid problem and wha are the food not good for tyrhoid problem? - Yahoo! Answers
    mainly we have to just rev up that metabolism as we tend to have sluggish metabolic rates that cause all the hormonal disturbances.

all the very best Priya do drop a line when ever u feel like

preethi

2. spri17

spri17 New IL'ite

Hi Preethi

Surely i will follow ur advice
    1 year back i had a thyroid test done in India and it was normal......but now i will ask my doc about the test..

Thanks
    priya

3. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Hey Priya

Ur welcome all the best girl take care

best wishes
    preethi

4. prekapal

prekapal New IL'ite

its possible but will be delayed. all u can do is hope for the best.

5. cheers_sunray

cheers_sunray Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhikashyam,

I read abt ur query regarding PCOD.
    In PCOD cases with proper medication,diet and exercise the ovulation can be regularised.If one gets back to normal ovulatory cycles ther wont be any prob with conception.

6. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Yes, PCO's can conceive no doubt, but it would be better that before conceive (ard 1 yr before) they should do her proper chk up. I have PCO's & 2 miscarriages becoz i didn't take precausions but after mine chk up i conceived & now having a beautiful daughter. I took medication until 3 mths of my pregnancy.

But better to take precausion then regret.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  7. vassethu1978

vassethu1978 New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am having troubles conceiving, we have been trying for more than a year now but with no luck. Recently doctor had diagnosed that I am not ovulating and she has put me under Serophene medication (which I have to take from day 5-9 during my cycle).

But your advise regarding this would be very helpful. Has anyone used this medication for ovulating? Is it okay to use artificial means like this medicine to conceive. Please give me your valuable advise.

Thanks

Shweta

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Yes PCO'ers can definitely conceive even when we use medications to conceive. 3 of my friends and myself used clomid and IUI's to conceive.

9. smoothie

smoothie Junior IL'ite

I have pcos and I'm not ovulating. My doctor put me on letrozole and now I'm 18 weeks pregnancy. So don't worry you'll get preg.

10. sindhukp

sindhukp New IL'ite

My worries

Hi,

I got married last month and ours is a love cum arranged marriage. We were in love for 8 yrs and got married. My hubby before marriage used to be so lovable and always wanted an oral sex which I dint want to provide because we were not married then. We got married last month and my family and his family wanted me to have a baby soon. I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 yrs back and I was never getting my periods. I live in london and so 2 yrs back when I went to chennai I consulted a gyneac and she gave me tablets to take for solving pcos. I took those tablets for 6 months and after that I never got periods whenever I stopped tablets. Again last yr my doctor put me on 6 months medication. I stopped the medicine in january and so I dint get my periods in feb . I got my periods without taking tablets in march and after that in May. I went to gynec in May and now she has asked me to take tablets for 3 months again and try conceiving. My reports say I have small cysts which it has been syaing for the last 2 yrs and does nothing at all to improve it inspite of taking tablets. My doctor has given me a lubricating gel as I told her that it pains a lot when intercourse is tried. I tried the gel but still hurts very badly.

My problem is 2 things- I am not able to satisfy my husband as he gets angry quickly and screams at me saying I cant understand his feelings and that I am not cooperating. He wants a baby quickly. Some times when he tries, due to my terrible pain I cry and his mood just gets spoiled.I feel sorry and dont know how I can get things better. He knows my problems but wants me to try and bear the pain.
    Secondly now that doctor has asked me to quickly conceive, with PCOS I dont know how to find out if abt the ovulation as I have now got it in march and may but not sure if I will get my periods hence forth.

Has any one got any suggestions? pls help

Thanks
    Sindhu