1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My cute little princess!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by hemchi, Apr 3, 2008.

1. golden

golden New IL'ite

Hi ladies !!

It's a nice topic to share our views on. My 17 month old daughter always carries the dishes to me to the kitchen after lunch/dinner. She will pick one by one and bring to me. Her papa has to only say "go n give it to mumma" and she'll run to the kitchen. When i say "thankyou" to her,she'll be very happy n proud of herself. That's the one activity i really admire about her.

Luv to all the mommies and their li'l ones
    golden

2. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Wonderful going!
    Poornima - my daughter does exactly the same...she doesn't like to play with the 'toy' utensils...but prefers the kitchen ones...and yes I've to run behind her for spoons, etc bonk
    Vidhya_parani - that's soo cute of your daughter for being friendly.

Jaya - Your daughter is simply adorable. I can relate to all that you say. My daughter also wants to know why what noise came or what broke...who came, etc.

Golden - That's nice of your daughter to help you out...and the realization of thanks!

Ok...this is the latest from my daughter. Somebody had come home to invite us for a wedding. So after they left, my daughter wanted to find out what was written in that 'post'! She is used to the envelops that the postman delivers...and now she found this wedding invite big and colorful to ignite her curious mind! :crazy

Love,
    Hema

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

I enjoy reading every stuff out here. These little ones are so smart.

Last nite, we were all watching the match ( Chennai Super kings...so all were glued) and when I just realised, my daughter was not to be found in the hall. I called out for her, she answerd, was in the verandah. Went quietly to see what she was doing....ah...I saw her sitting with her box of 'pori' and giving it to our pet, Scooby. She was pushing one at a time thru the small gap between the floor and the gate. And the doggy ate one by one, looking up for more. She feeds him with biscuts and I assist her that time. Yday she did all by herself and when she saw me watching her, she was sooo proud and happy. Said, 'wow, wow..shapu' ( means, doggy is eating )

Jaya, what you say is actually true, they seem to be pretending like babies.....:wink: This is what my niece ( 10 yrs old ) tells of her cousin - my daughter ( 19months )!! She tells my dad, 'Iyah, Gaayu is only acting like a baby, she knows everything" ... ha ha, this is when my dad goes to support my daughter...jealous cousins, but inseparable and loves each other a lot.

Vidhya, its very nice of your little daughter to be friendly to all. Gaayathri too is the same. When taken to restraunts or any public places she is all smiles and no one fails to notice her. If they dont, she tries to get their attention.

Hema, when you attend the wedding, she will know that the occasion is more colorful than the card!! I am sure she will enjoy being at the wedding too. Write to us how she feels!

One thing is common about all the LO, they are all loving and caring. May God bless them all and they grow up to become good human beings.

Love to all
    Poornima.

4. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    One new thing I noticed about my girl this week:
    Whatever she does, she wants to know if its right or wrong. So as soon as she completes a task, say bathing or playing or singing a song, she comes to me and asks me "am I a good girl or bad girl ?" And then I have to tell her she is a good girl because she completed her task and then she gives me this million dollar smile on her face :) Its awesome!!!!

5. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Dear I Ladies,

It is wonderful to see & know about ' the little princess' of your families.
    At our home too...We have one cute little princess her name is Amrita varshini, just like her name she is sweet & adorable. I am happy & proud to be her Mom. She is 3+, full of energy & zeal, talks non-stop, full of questions, likes to spin & narrate stories esp. with Barbie doll characters. Her latest craze is Barbie Mariposa, everyday at least 10 times, she keeps mentioning about it! She observes a lot, loves to talk & imitates like us. Likes to wear my foot wear/ cut shoes & several times, she has noticed me putting lipsticks...keeps asking me 'amma when will I put lipstick'? Well, in spite of all such goody goody things...she is very mischievous & stubborn. Even though, I Luv all her sweet-talks & pranks at times I loose my temper...& at the end of day, I hate myself for being strict. I just close my eyes & every day I pray for her well-being!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

This morning, while my husband was getting ready to go to work, my daughter (17months) came and took his car keys. When he was ready to go, he started searching for the keys and we were all over the house looking for them while she was watching us and following us. Then my husband stopped and asked her where they were - she just ran to the drawer where we keep them usually and showed him with a big smile - she likes to keep things in their place and this morning she had taken them from my hubby and put them back! but she remembered to show them. We were quite amazed - ofcourse everything our little ones do amazes us. Dosn't it?

7. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

I have a 10 months old kid... he requires my presence at home. Since I am working.. I'll be with him only in nights and weekends.. He will come and kiss me on and off in between his games. He likes to be always sorrounded by lots of people. He will go to guests also... dosen't cry to strangers. He is such a lovely kid.. I am very much blessed to have him as my son.

Thanks Hemchi for giving me a chance to write abt my Prince.

With luv,
    Sasirekha

8. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Its so wonderful to know about all the little princess in your homes.

Our princess name is Anushree who is 2 1/2 years old. She likes to be busy always. She helps me in cleaning the house and expects me to tell 'good girl'. She loves to say Thank you and welcome. Everyday morning when her father gets ready to office she asks him whether he had taken his, car key, mobile, watch, purse. She even gets his shoes. She is very cute in all her actions. She likes to imitate us. I am really proud of being her mother always.

9. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Really nice to read about more princes and princesses .. Teju, Anshiv, Saisenthil and Marikeerthi.
    These kids make our day and sometimes spoil the day too!!!
    My daughter is 2.6 years now...and she talks the whole world! The way she is learning colors, shapes, etc at her play school is really fun. The other day I was having chakli (South Indians know this...for others...its a deep fried item). She wanted to have it too..and since she had cold, I offered her a small piece. She refused and says chakli will be like a circle...so give her the entire thing! And for the very same reason that she had cold, I offered her milk with turmeric and pepper. No way...she does not want yellow milk, she wants only White milk!!! Now I think why did she learn shapes and colours!! :hide: So everytime I've to invent reasons and stories to keep her healthy!!!

Regards,
    Hema

10. vidya_splendour

vidya_splendour New IL'ite

Its really nice to read about cute li'l chubbies. Our kid is 17 months old and he definitely makes our life nice and lovely. Some of his activities that I adore of him ...
    • He loves to read books by himself although I think he doesn't understand a word of it. He reads(babbles) by slowly moving his li'l finger over the letters.
    • If anybody at our home, put on their shoes/slippers, first he would ask them to take him also along with them... If there is a denial for that he takes one pair of his slippers, and tries hard to put it on by himself..
    • His wonderful song - Geethum thum thhaaa... which sounds like Jingle bells, Jingle bells, Jingle all the way..I don't know how he got that tune.. but he loves to repeat the same tune blissfully even all through out the day..
    That's for now.. Shall be back soon..

Regards,
    Vidya.