Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sugan,

Thanks ma.. They r fratenal twins & both of them are boys.. They are ok & but only concern is they are bit underweight.. So handling them is bit difficult for me & i'm in the learning stage.. ;-) hehe..

Mine was an elective c-section, since I had a low lying placenta & one baby was in breech position...

2. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Congrats:)
    Yes it will take time for them settle to this new world.
    Try rocking them in hands or rocker or anything.Swaddle them.Give mild massage on their stomach.Dont allow everyone to hold the baby,they will get body pain.Always hold them with swaddle or any piece of cloth.
    Tips to handle the sleepless nights and crybabies?? I gues you hav to go through.They are freebies.yeah!!

Are they sleeping during day time?

1 person likes this.
  3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mathira

Congrats on your twins:thumbsup...by any chance has Dr said anything about the babies having colic...

Hi Ramya

gd to see you here, i was telling your posts on paruchava's thread to DH...awaiting with dread how my kids will throw tantrums...at that age...
    they are just 7 weeks old, but can still see lot of rebeliousness esp in elder one..awaiting the days when I will have to pack them off to school ...ha ha..:hide:

Sugan, best is to stop getting stressed...i took lots of tension and asked so many qns...(BP will testify...:rotfl) but alls well..

even i delivered in 31 weeks (emergecy C-sec) as waters broke and C9 Drs kept my kids in NICU for 1 month...still no regrets now...

4. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Yeah SSM !! I'm trying not to take any tension!! But getting to read other twin mommies stories makes me want to ask some questions to them! :) in this entire thread all are having fraternal twins !! No one with identical twins!:( that's what kind of bothers me very much! Also at C9 also they say identical twins are always rare cases they see !! Am only completely believing God and not even the do got it the hospital! I hope he listens to my prayers for my babies!

5. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot berrypine for the tips.. Baby1 is sleeping during the day, whereas baby2 is not at all sleeping.. He is always crying.. & he has lotsof body pain as well.. Shall try the swaddling & i hope that works.. Let's hope for the best..

6. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Thanks ssm for the wishes & tried gvg medicine for the Colic.. But still no improvement..

7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Mathira my twin 2 also makes strange baby noises at night...u mentioned that your baby has body pain....how to identify whether my baby also facing the same..?

8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

How does having identical twins make it more complicated...?? beats me...:hide:there is no need for any extra worry..

I had another twin boys(identical) along with my babies and we bonded well with their parents..in fact they were doing much better than my girls while in NICU and didnt have any of the complications I had..

...maybe your doctor meant that nowadays with medical interventions, more fraternal twins are the case while 'generally' identical twins happen when one egg breaks into 2 which any logic will tell you is rarer compared to 2 fertilised embies (i.e fraternal twins..)getting implanted:coffee

9. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Yeah ssm! Logically your reply is kind of satisfying me! But doctor has warned me of TTTS(twin to twin transfusion syndrome) which happens only in monochorionic twins(identical) because both my babies are in one placenta! And they share the blood vessels n all, which sometimes may lead to this syndrome ! :( reading it over the Internet makes me scary enough! Doc says if it was fraternal I would not have bothered you with so much of detailing! :( and the worst part is neither me or the babies can do anything about this!

10. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Congrats Mathira .. take good care of yourselves and babies.. who is there with you to help?

Hi Sugan.. as SSM told, you must stop doing too much research on the stuff... God has given it, because you can handle.. But if you keep thinking about it all time, you will have other related problems... keep yourselves engaged.. because once they are in you hands you will not find your own time... so relax, keep calm.... I had a friend who had identical twin girls, she had a C-section when they thought the baby growths are differing... The girls are two years old and is doing fine... so nothing to be worrying about it.. afterall we have doctors monitoring the conditions na.. and there is God given instinct....take care Sugan..

3 people like this.