Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Anumdas.. Congrats !! so yours is fraternal or identical ?

2. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

hi sugan.. im having fraternal twins :)

3. suganvijay

That's great anu! So you have twin history in your family ?? How's your health now ?? Did you have a cervical cerclage? Which week will you be delivering ? Which is the position if your placenta ?

4. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Sugan... Im a dumbo in understanding all the medical terms :) I dont have twin history in my immediate family :)
    I am doing okay at the moment (fingers crossed) My doctor told if I can carry till the 38th week, they will wait till then... but as you know it is all conditional!! dont know about the placenta position...! :( as i told im a big dumbo in understanding these stuff... but at times i think less knowledge can be useful at times, as it gives less tension :) how r u doing?

5. suganvijay

That's gud too!! :) in my case am carrying identical twins da! Which is rare these days and comes with a complimentary gift called complications. So I have to educate myself to understand how my babies are growing ! And I should understand what doc tells me! Anyways Gud luck and all the best to carry your lil ones till week 38 :)

6. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations ladies here welcome to the twin club ! ...
    I am a mother of twin too a boy and girl now 3.3 yrs old
    .. Though mine was an emergency c section at just 32 weeks ... I had bleeding nd my water broke too . My kids were shifted in nicu and kept for nearly 2 mnths . But all is well when it ends well :)
    All the best to you guys .. It's always better if you can manage to reach Atleast 36 weeks that's generally considered full term for twin moms ...
    Tk care
    All the best
    Ramya

7. suganvijay

Hi Ramya,
    Thanks for your wishes ?? Why did your water break that early ?? Any idea ?? And was it that bad in NICU?? I mean 2 months is a long time na!! Sorry if am bringing back old memories ! But if you could share your experience may be I can correct myself for something that am doing unknowingly! Thanks in advance!

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My best friend had twins in 2011 when I delivered my son. It was when she was in her 34th week due to water break.
    It was an emergency C-section too. Hers are identical twins, and they are now 2.5 yrs old
    She stayed at the hospital for 1 week, but the babies did not stay at NICU.

The doctors always say that the babies were big for their gestational age, so it wasn't a problem for them, I guess.

Although, both the babies looked too tiny when they were born, they quickly put on weight, and at the age of 04 months, they weighted exactly the same as my single born son of their age.

Water breaks naturally, and also it normally brings the labor pain too. But in some cases, when there is no labor pain after certain interval, they would perform C-section as there is a risk that the baby can be dried inside.

9. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Hai friends,

Today only i came across this thread.. Very useful one.. Me too belong this group & just 2weeks back, me deliverd twins... I'm really having a tough time in managing them.. Both of them are not sleeping in the night & they r crying almost thru out the night.. Any tips from exp. moms to handle this situation..

1 person likes this.
  10. suganvijay

Hi mathira,
    Glad to hear from you! :) congrats for your twin babies! I hope they are doing fine !! Are they identical twin or fraternal ?? Girls/boys / boy girl ? Eager to hear your birth story too!!