1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My marriage is falling apart

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by minniemouse, Jul 31, 2013.

1. minniemouse

minniemouse New IL'ite

Vacation from what harrassing me for the last 6 months. He has said so many sorries and crying and regretting and relapsing that this time it is so bad he cannot face me. His sister talked to me so rudely yesterday. She was making jokes with H inspite knowing that marriage is ending. I cannot go and buy chocolates when he is leaving me and my daughter without any notice. He has responsibilities mortgage to pay. But no. If I forgive him now, he will repeat the exact same thing in the many years to come. I am hopeless.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

A loud and clear YES. You are taking the right decision. What can one do if they dont acknowledge an addiction. let him go. Dont apply for divorce. Wait and see what happens in 2 weeks.

1 person likes this.
  3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Has he left his job?? Is he planning to come back? Sorry don't mean to pry on your agony.... The only reason i am asking is he should not cause you and the little one more emotional stress by coming back in a few weeks/months completely dependent on you , more frustrated than now and with an entitlement attitude (he could use love for your daughter as a tool to emotionally blackmailing you into taking care of him).
    Any kind of addiction is bad, some lead to unbelievable agony and anxiety to everyone around the person addicted. You have fought an impossible battle , it's now time to take care of yourselves. Talk to a lawyer at the earliest (even if you decide to take any action after a while).
    Take care of your health dear, your daughter needs her mommy to be fit and fine. I hope and pray you find peace and happiness in the coming days.

1 person likes this.
  4. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

:( hugs. I really hope that he going to India will make him realize all his follies and he' ll come to you a better person.

5. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

I fear going to India will make him any better human being. It's so because he is not willing to accept that the problem lies within himself. Such persons are very difficult to change.

if the only prob with him is alcoholism, then try all means which are available to get him rid of his addiction. This is also possible if he willingly wants this.

What i can suggest for you is that just see how he behaves when he comes back from India. if you can't cope any further with his behavior than obviously it's better if you part ways. But try your level best, if you can stop his addiction.

6. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

why dont u take him for councelling as most of the people have benefited from that.

7. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

OP, hugs to you and your kid

i know it might be very painful for you at this moment, but please accept the fact. Do you want to continue with a husband who is always happy in drinking and deny help? do you want to stay married to the person who laughs and jokes when his wife is torn apart and heart broken?.

Please stay strong. let him GO.

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

well dear..u r the one who needs to go to India.No point sitting alone here with DD.go to India,be with ur family,clear ur mind.get the right support.If he changes,then yes else u got to decide otherwise.

1 person likes this.
  9. ragha81

ragha81 Bronze IL'ite

I am a severe alcoholic myself. My son was born recently and I have cut down a lot. I hope to completely get rid of the habit soon.

The problem with your DH is he does not acknowledge the problem so it is hard to quit. It is hard for me to quit even after acknowledging the problem. Good luck with your life. Your kid doesn't deserve this for sure.