Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Berry pine! Awesome info! I think this would make viksha lil better! Also how did you say it's girl??

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Yes the GD will vanish on its own right after the delivery. Couple of my friends had this and I know it for sure.

Regarding baby girls... There are some old wives tales, if you are not allowed to check the gender by US scans.
    Not every time these predictions come true, but in a way experienced mom says it is somewhat true.

The mom looks so dull, dark and weak. Meaning she loses all her pre-pregnancy beauty after becoming pregnant. Then it is a sign of having a girl. Normally they say, the daughters eat the beauties of their moms.

The tummy becomes too round shaped, and relatively bigger is size. Another sign of a girl

The mother prefers more sweeter items rather than normal or hot foods. Yet another sign

The baby kicks too speak a lot. If you have more kicks with less frequent intervals and the baby seems too active inside your tummy, then it is a sign of a girl.

I have a boy with my first pregnancy, and this time it is a girl.... Each pregnancies are unique experience for me.

Last time I looked too beautiful, and my tummy wasn't visible till I reached 7th month. Also I had to break my head a lot with this baby movements, specially at the later stage. He will kick only if I eat a lot, else sleep or kick slower which I rarely notice.

This girl makes me weak most of the days. Kicks like an experienced foot ball player. I look dark, with lots of acne in the past, and marks in my face. Dull, and restless all the time. Huge tummy and heavy look.

Although the signs speaks, I also had the US scan done to predict the gender both the times.

3. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

1. Also may I know if doctor planned to operate after 36th week? -- Yes , she told the same
    2. Also how much is your baby weight now ?? -- 2 kg
    3. Did you take any special tests/scans compared to single babies ? -- Nothing Special , Doc asked scan every month , which is interval growth scan after 5th month Anomaly scan .
    4. Am so worried sometimes if I'm being safe enough and eating well for my babies! Now that you have crossed my stage, wanted to know what else should I be careful about ?? -- Even I have the same thoughts & fears dear...I can say eat all good food as you like ...
    5.Also my relatives says... Lying down always will only help baby gain weight? Is that true ?? -- No Idea..
    6.Were you given cervical cerclage ? No , I dint have that. I had problem of Low lying placenta and thats the reason for working from home from my 6th month.. But doc dint give that
    7.Sorry for too many questions! I know after a week you will be quite held up and I have no other twin mommies to ask! -- Not a problem dear..

8.I'm really amazed by the way you have walked this 33 weeks! So pls share some tips
    On how to cross the full term successfully! -- It just happens dear... I dont think I'd taken any extra care.. I had low lying placenta , after that had excess fluid in one sac , for which I was nt allowed to walk , no travel and taking medicnes as per doc's advice. Now , Gestational Diabetes... So its just going on..
    9. Am so scared if I can complete atleast 33 !! Even a small tip that you share will be of so much help to me ! -- I can understand your feeling ..i really dont have any tips..have good food , be happy & positive... Go on as per doc's advice ...

How r u feeeling now , how all ur scans are?

4. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Thanks BerryPine for your reply !!
    I had plan from dietician and following the same..though missing on some days..No walking for me due to excess fluid and previously due to low lying placenta..

how can you guess...we want a girl and my husband wants a girl who looks like me :)
    Feeling so good dear...
    And now , I have severe pain near the corner of my thigh ..cant stand , sit or turn to any side...its terrible..did u had it?
    Do u have a boy and a girl or both girls?

5. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Thanks SGBV for your reply..
    Hope it happens the same for me too on GD..
    I also heard about the heart beat's version ..like if its > 150 its girl and < 140 , its a boy.

In my last two scans, I had hearbeat :) 136 and 155 .. I hope i hve one boy and a girl :)

1 person likes this.
  6. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a ton for the replies ! :)
    My growth scan for 4th month is tomo and I will be entering 5th month from August 1st my Anomaly is scheduled in the end of August ! I hope it's a cake walk for me too! Hoping for the best! :)

7. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

With girl baby its common for a mother to have gd.lol
    just my assumption;-)

1 person likes this.
  8. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

I also had low lying placenta at the end of my 1st trimester.Sorry for too many "I also had.." lol
    If not walking try to follow diet properly,anyways just 3 more weeks for you.
    Usually pregnant woman with gd has girl baby.Just my assumption:)
    I had gd and yes I have one girl-boy.

And that pain,I dint had,it should be because of the heavy growing belly.Take deep breathe once in a while to relax yourself.

Tc:)

9. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

viksha,
    i am guessing ull have a boy n girl baby , in my scans boy baby had hb ard 130 range and girl baby ard 150 range
    , wishing u and sugan a gud n healthy pregnancy , tk care dears .

1 person likes this.
  10. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi all
    I was a silent spectator of the group for a few weeks now. But today I had the instinct to reply :) I too belong to your group .. expecting twins and is in the 31st week now...
    Take care...

1 person likes this.