1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feel like my life is nt worth.. I dont wan contnue my LIFE

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by itzmekirs, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Shreya- Lol, watched Ranjhanaa ysday, Slashing wrists seems to be the way to get things done :bonk
    peeples incase you missed the fun that is Ranjhanaa:

1 person likes this.
  2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Oh great, you too, Brutus !!! I too am a fan of Vigil Idiot. The first thing I did after watching these movies was to go and read Vigil Idiot. Did you read the one for Aashiqui 2? (that constant "Or we can shift him to rehab" in the background) :)

3. sunanthinicu

sunanthinicu New IL'ite

Hi HR,

Life is like that ..its easy for me to tell u to forget her...but u alone only will be feel the pain of it....but when she is a flirt then feel that she is not worth for U...ur mom is too suportive as per ur narration....cry over it....

concentrate on ur job & family ..take leavefor few days take ur Mom & family on a holiday r some spiritual trip..a chnge will be gud for u ...U r the only person who can get out of ur feeling ..sort of u have step over ur problem dont look bck keep stepping forward..family is there to support u ...

Being a HR...just think like hire & fire...No regrets...

gud Days Ahead ...

Nanthini...

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    I see two different issues here:
    Your depression...your break up may have been the trigger but there are other factors you must take into consideration. When you start any antidepressant, you won't see changes overnight. In fact you must take utmost care the first few weeks after you start any medication. The reason is that prior to taking the meds you may not have enough energy to plan or execute any suicidal action. Once you do start the medication, you are not completely out of the woods in terms of the emotional need but you do have more energy-physical and mental, to implement a plan.

Your first priority is your safety...if you live with your family, ask your parents to clean out everything that you may use to hurt yourself. This includes sharp implements, poisonous liquids, flammable items...anything which can be used to hurt yourself. Tell them to keep it under lock and key and one person should be responsible for retrieving every item and putting it out of reach. Yes, every time they use it...it is a lot of work and if anyone protests, tell them that as irrational as it sounds, it is a must. Let them know that your job is to work on your thought process but their job is to prevent access to the tools.

Next, just because you've been prescribed one antidepressant doesn't mean it will work for you. You or another responsible adult should keep tabs on how you sleep, eat, interact-maintain a journal to see if there is any particular pattern of improvement. If you don't see any improvement over a 4 week period, go back to the psychiatrist and ask to review the medication. It could be a need to increase the dosage or it could be an alternative medication (especially if your sleep is affected or if there is a mood swing to the opposite end resulting in mania).
    The medication will only bring you to a point where you are ready to make conscious changes in your thought process. It doesn't change your thinking on it's own. YOU have to do it. One way to learn the process is to see a cognitive behavioral therapist. This person will help you with identifying triggers and how to put a stop when you start loosing control.

Exercise:when you exercise your brain releases endorphins which boost your mood. Exercise is a very significant aspect of handling your depression. So make sure you set aside at least 45 minutes every day.

Sleep is another key factor. So work on your routine and switch of that computer at least 2 hrs before you hit bed...engage in activities which help you get ready for bed...should be low impact...if you like listening to music-stick to the mellow genre. Bed time is not the time for sad or agitating trance music (when you are depressed you may gravitate to this but this is wheer you have to work on your choices.)

Yoga works wonders...but if you are not into yoga, then try Tai Chi. The principles of mind over body works in both systems.

Take Omega 3 fatty acid supplements...or if you like non veg, eat lots of sea food. Either which way eat lots of greens.

Sign up for something creative...drawing, painting, learn to play an instrument-these activities draw you to engage yourself without being force.

Let trusted friends know...all it takes is for them to spend time doing whacky activities. It will help you tide over the impulse.

The second half is about your concept of a relationship....what you describe is not love. It is the scripted idea of what a woman in love should do for her man according to the movies. That is heavy on 'roles' and light on the actual give and take of relationships. I suggest that once your depression is under control volunteer in places where they need mentors for kids or where they are in need of manpower. Experience what love is in a non role related sense-not only between a man and woman but between different human beings.

When you have a sense of control over your life you can think about entering a relationship again.

3 people like this.
  5. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

If to all problems...solution was to die...then would have become empty by now..
    Please....wake up....and ask urself...is she worth your love? I mean...true u made mistakes but its also true that she has in n o time started flirting with her colleagues...means...she has MOVE ON in her life...
    May be god has some real good girl to gift you in ur life....and u being HR professional....u know...that HR ppl motivates employees...so here u motivate urself....that theres good life ahead....go for yoga...meet new ppl...behaving like this is only going to add tension to ur parents...with no faults of them...so pls...be rational....and never ever thinking of ending life....that will cause more problems for ur parents....so plzzzzzzzzz

6. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Shreya! I liked Ranjhanaa. Dont bash me. :rant

I liked it because it is a good movie to watch and learn for depressives like our OP here.

Learn something from these movies. Not on how to go on and on after a person. On what happens if you dont take a "no" as a "no".

1 person likes this.
  7. smritisinha

Offence is the best defence, eh????

1 person likes this.
  8. smritisinha

Duplicate post. Hence removed.

9. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Firstly, 'she is not that into you' , so what??? It is not end of the world, you have your family, friends , work etc......no one is dying.....why should you ??

Intentionally or unintentionally you come across as imposing and overbearing to her....stay away from her...you constantly meeting her and trying to talk to her pesters her. Plus give yourselves time to heal too. You have to find your own way to move on. Life is full of rejections and disappointments are you going to attempt suicide at every junction?? Good luck and start your day from today cheerfully.

10. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

So you mean, talking to a male colleague will make a girl indecent? Really??? It makes me sad to read such comments. How are you expecting a girl to survive in a corporate environment without talking to opposite sex. You need to be friendly with all your colleagues for them to co-operate with you regarding work.

It is a shame that we still have such people around us. Looks like education can do so little to civilize some men. I think these men have the basic issue. They look at all women with an eye of a pervert.

Anyways...OP...You are wrong. Any relationship needs breathing space. You can't tell a girl with brains as to how to walk, dress, talk etc etc...Anyone with even 1% individuality would ditch you and go. This is has nothing to do with how conservative one is or not. This has more to do with your attitude.