1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss team - To shed weight permanently

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Aabhi, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi

reading thru your reply to Anita motivated me to start on those lines. Thanks for the tips. How do you eat the raw cabbage? as a salad or just plain?
    Will start and let you know
    thanks
    preethi

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Vaidehi,
    Your results are encouraging and Kudos to your determination...

How did you keep up to your determination...by the way...

can you give us all ...a sample menu...

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

Sure it would be my pleasure to share it with my ideas with u all. I am in US right now and on H4 so i am all the time at home with IL and my son. I started hitting gym since i had no other means to spend my time coz i hardly have friends here (we have just moved into this Country).

I take Raw cabbage as Salad with my Lunch or dinner, i make it a point to eat it a medium bowl full . i add some Pepper ,salt and lemon to enhance the falvour and sometimes u can add Skimed Curd too. Cabbage slows down the conversion of sugar into Fats and hence helpful in Reducing weight i guess. Meanwhile its a low Cal veg too. My family likes it to have it raw most of the times since we like its crunchy taste, i try to cut it into thin stripes(chinese type) and sometimes i do add some raisins to it. intially its little boring to munch on these but u will soon start liking it. i do make cabbage curry too without any coconut or masala to it.

Usually this is what i take daily:-

I start my day with 2 Coffee mugs of Warm water.....(this helps me clean my bowels)
    after say 15- 20 mins i take Coffee made with skim milk and no sugar(i add splenda to it).
    Then by 9.00 am i hit my Gym for an hr session which combines of Eliptical,strength training ,cycling and threadmill.... i burn almost 300 cals daily. Then when i come home i make it a point to drink 2 mugs of warm /plian water.
    After 1/2 hour i take Oats porridge made with 1 tbsp of oats(which comes to 1 mug) or sometimes i settle with 1 cup of Kellogs Cornflakes with Skim milk and Splenda to it and try to eat an Apple or any fruit.( i know though its recommended to eat our b/f early,i am not able to follow that one since i have to finish my gym session before my son comes from school, though i know its bad)

Lunch for me is at 1.00 - 2.00 and i eat 2 Medium sized Rotis( 100 cal each) with Dhal/veg or sprouts curry made with just 1 tbsp of oil along with either cabbage or raddish/carrot Salad followed with Curd made with again skimmed milk. I drink again 2 mugs of water after 15 mins of having lunch this makes me feel really full.

4.00 pm - i take greentea with some lemon to it.(belive me ladies it really helps in reducing weight.... just try it plain boiled tea with only lemon to it......u will start loving it)

In between i take 2-3 glasses of water.....( intially u will feel bloated but then as u practise u will feel really thirsty).

5.00 pm if i am hungry i take one small apple/pear/or 3 counts of any nuts(expect cashews).

i usually take my evening coffee little late at 6.00 pm again made with skimmed milk and no sugar along with 5 Reduced Wheat thins or 2 Marie biscuits .

Dinner is at 7.30 -8.30 Pm not beyond that. I cannot live without rice,so i take 1/2cup - 3/4th cup of cooked flavoured rice/dalia either in the form of Khichdi made with split moongdhal and lots of veggies to it. again oil would not be more than 1-2 Tbsp max.i try to take raw cabbage with dinner since it makes me feel fuller and satisfied. i take 2 glasses of Thin buttermilk along with it.

Belive me ladies u have to measure everything whatever u eat and just keep a watch on how much oil goes into ur dishes.
    Kollu is called "Kulthi" in Hindi and Horsegram in English, it is considered to be heat so just watch out if it suits u. it dissolves any urinary stones and also belived to Disslove fat from our body. I have followed some of Mrs Chitvish recepies to make it.

All this comes around to 1200 - 1300 Cals , and has helped me a lot . Hope u find it useful , do letme know if ihave missed on something. I would be really happy to help u people out with whatever i know.

Cheers
    vaidehi

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  4. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Your post is very encouraging, how long have you been on this diet?
    Sometimes when I don't eat something interesting it gets on to me and I tend to hog on that day.
    Hats off to you!!
    What do you do when you have craving to eat something that you like? How do you control?

-Vidya

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Me and my hubby are total foodie, and we like all those spicy and fried kind of food. We long for all those Chat items and junk items. Ice creams are my major weak point. Once in a week i do eat those chat items but then i make sure i compensate after comming back home.

I make it a point say if i had iccream today then i will defn not indulge in anything sweet or oily stuff for the next 4 days....(by this i mean to say i won't touch even a spoon of sugar ). thus it somewhat gets balanced. Luckily i am not at all a sweet loving person so i never get this cravings for sweets expect icecream. And belive me u will all have all those cravings in ur intial days of controlling diet. once u r used to this then u never feel so tempted .....

cheers
    vaidehi

6. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Hats off to you!!

It is amazing, I will also have to try something like you and hope it works for me.

Do you go to any fitness center?

-Vidya

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

No , i just go to my Apt gym, though i do want to join a fitness center, but my son goes to school only for 3 hrs and i need to wind up everyting before he comes.

cheers
    vaidehi

8. priyamadhu02

priyamadhu02 New IL'ite

Hi Aabhi,

I am Priya and i also want to lose weight. Thanks for starting this thread because i need a lot of motivation to do exercise. Whenever i need motivation i will come to this thread and get that motivation.

I am 5ft 3" tall and 80kgs and my ideal weight is 50kgs and i am planning to walk for
    1 1/2 hr walking daily in the evening.

Thanks
    Priya

9. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone..

I would also love to join in.
    My height- 5ft 3"
    My weight-59 kgs

Desired weight-50 kgs

Weight to loose-9 kgs

The main reason for my weight gain is indulging in a lot of junk food.Plus I am crazy about anything with cheese on it.
    But I have been restraining myself to an extent now.
    I have bought some home exercise videos and spend half hr exercising daily.
    I am sure by seeing the rest of you loose weight even I will be able to keep myself sufficiently motivated to continue on the same path.
    bye and good luck to everyone.

10. vinunagpal

vinunagpal New IL'ite

I agree and i would like to be a part of the team.

I have recently started following such routine and within two weeks lost around 2 kgs. One thing I want to specify is that please have your dinner by 8:30 and walk should be empty stomach that will help reduce faster.

My only worry now is my loose tummy post delivery.