1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can u say is it worthy?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by kalaisiva, Apr 20, 2008.

1. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Hi all
    Can u help me in the issue of buying gems in US...I just visited a gem show last week in Sam mateo ....there was huge collections of pearls, garnet, emrald, coral etc., ...in different prices...Have u bought that before n plz tell me are they worthy...n pure...What do u think about prices when compared to India....?

And i went to see Keerthilal diamond collections in Miliptas as well...has anyone bought that before ...are they better one..How abt prices... what the advantage of buying here rather than in India from the same buyer....

I would be grateful if anyone helps me in this....Thank u....

2. starshine

starshine New IL'ite

Hi Kalaisiva,

This is from my post in a different thread. Thought it might be helpful for you. You can also check out in the US shopping forum for more information regarding your query.

Well, my experience regarding gem shows goes like this.....

I too had been to the international gem show recently for the first time .It is really hard to know which ones are genuine.I guess one really needs to know how to select them and to understand whether they have the right price tag and not over-rated.In the show,most of them carried dyed coral beads, jade and many other types.I bought few strands of corals and jade from "beads after beads" stall and some other stalls in the gem show because the shapes were real pretty.I showed it to the Indian jewellery guy in PA.He told me that corals and jade are dyed and they are not real!

I would prefer to buy from certified jewellery stores in future rather than buying from the gem shows. I think it is much cheaper to buy in India than here.

Thanks !

3. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Many thanx for ur reply ...I was thinking same as you...but in the trade fair so many people bought for very expensive...so i got confused.....
    any way thanx for ur advice ...i really appreciate....

4. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi kalaisiva,

Keerthilal is very well known diamond merchant in India, he has very genuine stuff you can always buy from him. in gem show you can buy gems they are comparatively cheaper here there are some stores in gem show like beads & beads, taj imports. But if you are from Rajasthan area in India then it is better you buy there in India.
    Whenever you buy Corals they are dark in color and Jades as light as possible they are genuine. pearls have to be irregular in shape.

Does keerthilal have a store in Milpitas? If he has can you please forward his address.

Thx.

-Vidya

5. kalaisiva

kalaisiva Senior IL'ite

Hi, Aactually i met a person who has shop in New york and comes around here every 3 moths once...he will come back in July again....
    he likes an agent of Kirthilal.....

6. indiangirl

indiangirl New IL'ite

My experience with gemshow is also same as starshine. Its better to get from certified provider

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I had brought diamonds (studs/pendant and ring) from Factory Direct situated in Bethesda (MD). They too have different gem stones and also they are certified jwellers. I have all the certificates for my diamonds. The best thing is that, it is much cheaper than what we get in India and of better quality also.
    I took these diamonds to India and checked them with Nirvana Diamonds franchise and to my surprise, I had paid almost 2/3rd of the price what they are selling in India.
    So, I think its always better to get certified jwelleries from USA as we can return back the things for full refund, if we r not satisfied.
    Regards.

8. indiangirl

indiangirl New IL'ite

thats good to hear.do you know if they have some sort of online store?

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi, yeah, they have online ordering facilities and in fact we had ordered it online.
    They too have facilities where u will choose the diamonds/gems and let the technician fix it in front of you. I found this one reliable. Search this link : http://www.jewelryexchange.com/
    Regards.