PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: PCOS and IUI

Good luck with the IUI! I will pray for you!

The IUI procedure itself is not very painful. They insert a catheter and inject the sperm, which takes about 5 minutes. Then they ask you to keep lying down for about 15 minutes after which you go home. In some cases, there may be a bit of spotting or cramping but this is nothing to be afraid of. Just remember to get plenty of rest after the procedure!

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pooja,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I will sure follow your advice. And I will let you know what happens.

Regards,
    Anitha

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

You're welcome Anitha! Good Luck! Keep me posted!

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Accidental duplicate post

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  5. Preethi Patnaik

Preethi Patnaik New IL'ite

Re: Ovarian drilling and PCOS: Questions, doubts

Hi Priya

This reply comes quite late and by now i do hope you have got some answers. I had ovarian drilling done as my hormones were all over the place with so many treatments. But my doc (in india) only resorted to it as a last measure and since i live in dubai and could not follow her treatments she did it for me. It was done laproscopically and after that i came to dubai and made the mistake of going again to the gynac with out giving my body time to heal and she pumped me up with hormones every month and you can imagine it was yo yo like. Finally i one day decided to go see a homeopath after another disasterous visit to another gynac (who told me to go for ivf), and i went on a vege diet (cutting out all hormones from food like chicken etc) and lo and behold i was finally pregnant but to my bad luck it was an ectopic. But in 6 months having given my body time to heal i was pregnant again and now have a 3 yr old. So if you think you have exhausted all your optionsof treatments then do the drilling.
    If you do have more queries do let me know
    it felt good sharing this with you and wish you all the best - its just an hormonal imbalance induced by stress eat right exercise and relax you will get there.

best wishes

preethi

6. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Can Ovarian drilling be done more than 1 time. I have PCO's and got conceived through ovarian drilling 4 years ago, now we are trying for the 2nd baby and the same PCO problem again. Can I go through the drilling again?

Please share your comments & suggestions.

7. Preethi Patnaik

Hi Aabhi

What does your doctor say? Try going in to a good Homeopath doctor as a friend of mine got a very big cyst reduced with just homeopathy. She just held off surgery and today she is fine. Its a bit slow but it works. It regulates our hormones from ground up thus eliminating the PCOS cycle itself. My PCOD still continued after the drilling but changed for the better with homeopathy.
    I do hope this helped do take care
    preethi

8. spri17

spri17 New IL'ite

Hi Preethi

Thanks for your reply.Sorry for my late reply as i haven't checked .
    Right now my doc prescribed me to take clomid tablets,so if its not successful then i have to think about drilling....so iam gathering information about the drilling .i will let u know what happens next....

take care
    priya.

9. Preethi Patnaik

Hi Priya

Thats right i too was on clomed, just go on a complete vege diet and even reduce milk (hormones) and exercise (brisk walks etc) and just don't get stressed (thats a big factor in PCOD). Relax listen to a lot of ur fav music and just go with the flow. Whatever happens happens attitude :).

All the very best do take care, the hormones are so tricky -have u checked ur thyroid. Sometimes when the thyroid is just below normal limits (that don't show on tests) too u get the hormone immbalance so take natural suppliments (thru food) to bring up the thyroid hormone as that regulates our hormones.

best wishes
    preethi

10. spri17

spri17 New IL'ite

Hi Preethi

Thanks for your caring reply..Iam doing all the things you have mentioned,but i am not on cmplete veg diet as i have to cook non veg for my husband..I will try to go for veg diet.I will follow ur advice.
    I haven't done the thyroid test recently.you told about natural suppliments (thru food) to regulate ths hormones.can u tell me what are the food we have to take?

Priya