Value Education in schools

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by newsoul, Jul 6, 2009.

1. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

I beleive that "With true knowledge comes humilty". The school which educated me gave equal importance to values, ethics and personality development as to book education. It all seemed like "blah blah blah" to me then. But now I have come to see how important those values are, especially in today's world.

I have seen some people(NOT ALL) whose heads are held up high bloated with ego just because they went to a highly reputed institution or because they are top rank holders. If there is no humility, then what is the use of such high education! And there are some people who claim to be super-intelligent and smart, but have absolutely no love in their heart.
    When the heart is closed, what is the use of having a super-brain?

Mozart the great musical genius says "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor the both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love that is the soul of genius"

All schools should strive to impart moral values, ethics and humaneness to children as much as they are working hard to impart the book education in the children.

After all, the moral values and ethics are what makes a person a "Human being", isn't it?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009

2. Laracroft

Laracroft New IL'ite

Is more emphasis should be put on value education to save the mankind from the present crisis?

3. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

yeah. In my heart I believe so.
    If all people are loving, generous, honest and responsible, don't you think our world will be a better place? :) And if all these qualities are imparted on children in school-age, it will last with them for the rest of their lives.

4. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Hi,

It is a very noble thought about including Value Education in schools. But, in this technological world we find that missing. I remember that in primary school, we had a subject 'Moral science' which was the 'blah blah..blah..", boring & :confused2: at that time. But, that was probably the way they cud introduce some morals & values. Now, the education system is changing rapidly. In Canada as we can't expect Value education in schools, my son has been going to Satya Sai Education class(Bal vikas) which imparts Value Education. Ofcourse, the organization has started their own elementary school in Toronto. This will help our future generation.

5. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

Wow! that's amazing! I didn't know such schools existed outside India! Your son is lucky to attend such a school. And I appreciate your effort to let him attend a school which gives importance to value education. Do you know of any such schools in USA?

6. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Hi,

As far as I know there are Satya Sai Organizations even in US. They conduct classes for children which emphasizes on Spiritual & Value education. You can search google & get their website for more info.

7. veenajmenon

veenajmenon Junior IL'ite

I know about an NGO Vset which have set modules for value education..

8. akashram

akashram New IL'ite

Satya Sai Education class gives the value education.

9. veenajmenon

veenajmenon Junior IL'ite

In the website vset.org,in the content link in home page,Joyclub has downloadable contents for different values to be inculcated in teens.INcidents and situations are commendable.They also have a facebook page which has various inspirational messages.