Hi y'all, May mommies!!

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Lavanya, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Pooja29

Pooja29 New IL'ite

Hi Lavanya..

I have stared getting contractions from last week only.. They are not very frequent but now I am getting these contractions almost daily..

They last for 5 min or so.. Not very painful but you feel the way you get cramps when you are down.. As now there is more of pressure on bladder so it's bit uncomfortable as well..

take care and relax .. don't worry everything will be fine..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Pooja. I hear people tell about Braxton Hicks contractions as preparatory ones for the real labor which women seem to notice anywhere from the 8th month onwards. But since all I can feel now is baby kicking I was just curious how the contractions felt and how long it lasts in general. Since yours in getting strong only now you need to bear with it only for 2 more weeks then its all going to be over - are you looking forward to being done with this phase?

My former collegues threw a baby shower for me and it was really cool. We completed a major part of the shopping this weekend... it felt like we achieved something but it was quite a bit tiring too. Now I'm all done for this week and can't wait to just relax.

I hope that the others are hanging in there as well...

-L.

3. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi pooja, Lavanya and other mommies -to- be,

Donot worry everything will be fine. Pooja, regarding your contractions I think its Braxton Hicks. But pl. do keep a check on them. In case u feel them to be more frequent, then, do visit the hospital at once. The doctor knows the BEST.

Lavanya, donot worry about anybody not coming. Just relax girl.

Nice to hear about your baby shower.

Cheers,

Gayatri

4. saheli08

saheli08 New IL'ite

Hi all the pregnant ladies,
    Congratulations to each one of you and wish you all a healthy and normal pregnancy.I just have a month left, my due date is on May 24th.Its a gemini baby.....
    My doctor hasn't told me anything about having a C-section yet, hopefully it will be normal delivery.I go to the doctor every 2 weeks , but it will be weekly from next visit.
    Me and my husband both are getting excited but anxious too, i'm begining to get kinda nervous this being our first baby. how do you ladies feel?.
    About baby stuff,just bought a travel system the other day,looking for a crib now.the only things I have bought are clothes, coz everytime I go out I find them so cute, I can't get enough of it.
    and Oh ! I almost forget to mention ......its a baby girl...
    I do get tired easily and short of breath too. thirsty a lot and have to go the bathroom hundreds of times a day.........
    I can't wait to hold my baby in my arm but also get scared........just wonder what kind of mom will I be, will I be able to take care of the baby well and endless other questions.
    well, millions of women have done it earlier so its gonna be fine ..........
    Happy pregnancy!!
    :)

5. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Hi Saheli,

Welcome on board -"May mommies. "

I can understand how excited u are right now.

Well what is this travel system that u have mentioned about?

It really a gr8 pleasure to buy small baby stuff for our bundle of joy.

Do take lot of care .

Bye,

Gayatri

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saheli... welcome to this thread. Glad to hear that you are almost there. We have pretty close EDD. Its our first baby too and I can understand how you feel. Purchasing cribs was so demanding especially because of the different types available and the time it takes to get them delivered to home. Good luck with yours. Hope we can share and support each other through this forum.

Gayathri, until a few years back baby car seat and strollers were sold separately. But now they are also available in a single package called the travel system - car seat base and infant car seat + stroller which can hold this seat too. Most people find this convenient though you can also get different kinds separately and mix and match them depending on their needs and likes.

-L.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008
  7. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello Mommies...

How r u all ? I had check up yesterday...baby is good ..Healthy and big too...:kiss
    but am feeling tired all the time..I dont think my mom will come (some passport issues)..Any way I have a wonderful husband...he is supporting me from my 1st trimester..
    What about u guys? I think my next ultrasound will be aftter 36 th week..dont know yet..

Cheers,
    Vidisha

8. saheli08

saheli08 New IL'ite

Hi Gayatri,
    The travel system we bought is the one with a car seat and a stroller all in one.car seat is detacchable, its handy and we liked it.Its from Evenflo.
    congratulations on your pregnancy.
    Take care

9. saheli08

saheli08 New IL'ite

Lavanya.............glad to hear from you.
    we will definitely share our experiences with each other.
    Take care and have a healthy baby

10. kamath9

kamath9 New IL'ite

Dear Vidisha,

Donot lose heart dear, me and u r sailing on the same boat. Even my parents r unable to come for my delivery. But 1000000 thanks to my DH who is very caring and supporting from the very beginning. With God's will this phase will go on smoothly for u as well as me.

Take care,

Gayatri