Your Favourite place in Chennai

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by tuffyshri, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

is'nt ThiruvanMayur beach same as Beseant Nagar beach?....arent they both differnet ones?

1 person likes this.
  2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

now a days we can't see this much green in Tambaram station i hope :)

Guys when you like this place if you have picture pl. upload so that we can understand the development of such places...

some of us are away from our great city, can't recollect how much changes happend :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Both are different,

In Thiruvanmyur beach - there will be an temple " Astalakshmi Temple " where as in Beseant Nagar beach mainly for lovers during my college days ( i am not sure how it is now )

1 person likes this.
  4. gowriav

gowriav Bronze IL'ite

ISKON temple, saibaba temple - injambakkam....peaceful place

early morning walk in marina wowwwwwwww loved it...

1 person likes this.
  5. yellowsunflower

yellowsunflower Bronze IL'ite

I love the besent Nagar beach, Vadapalani temple... Many more...

1 person likes this.
  6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

conceptually both are same.. Thiruvanmyur beach & Besant nagar beach. Agree with the Asthalakshmi temple part.. If one walks along the beach for about 2-3 kms from the Asthalakshmi temple, there it is called Besant nagar beach. I view both of them as same place.

1 person likes this.
  7. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Besant nagar only has "Astalakshmi Temple na ".. yeah, it is mainly for lovers also...

1 person likes this.
  8. mrhoney

mrhoney Bronze IL'ite

Besent Nagar beach for hang out. and T-Nagar for shopping.( spencer too)

1 person likes this.
  9. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Very nice thread....

Missing chennai a lot :( :(

My fav places are,

Beach
    T.Nagar - Completely shopping
    Mylapore - Love to purchase in the road side shops for traditional items and special paintings..
    Vadapalani Murugan temple
    Luz corner pretty women shop
    old story book shops
    Metro trains
    All cinema theatres
    lovely tiruvanmiyur
    ECR road

hmmmm... nostalgic :( :(

1 person likes this.
  10. KavitaRamesh

KavitaRamesh New IL'ite

Thanks for making us cherish all the good memories

As for me best places in chennai are Marina beach, besant nagar beach, vadapalani temple.
    I used to go to vadapalani temple for its Pallli arai pooja every tuesday by 9.30PM.
    We can actually get connected with God, in that peaceful place and time. I feel like im blessed for the whole week until next tuesday visit. Crazy naaa :crazy. Also im crazy about the badam milk, milagu sadam and sundal prasadham given after this pooja. Now staying away from vadapalani, i badly miss going to temple at night.

Bessie all time favorite during college days . Best place to hang out with friends. After every exams last day our destination will be bessie for sure. wallet friendly during that time, when we used our saved pocket money for bajji, sundal, etc etc. Cherish the moments of sitting on the footpath, wiping off all the mud from legs before going home. :hide:

Marina..... best incident i remember about marina is, once i dropped my cousin sis in marina to make her patch up with her boy-friend. Myself and my cousin sis waiting for that guy in Marina.... Suddenly some 4-5 bikes about 10 guys stopped there bikes in front of us and from that a sudden voice "Hey Kavi, what are you doing here?" I was shocked and sweating with fear and thinkng who s this? yeah he s my relative, can't tell him y i was actually standing there.... fear of him telling to my parents.... With full tension "Came to get a book from my friend". Knew that i was blabbering something, even a child will sense that i was lieing:bonk. He sensed that and he left saying "OK bye. TC". To my surprise he was not at all bothered about my sis standing next to me. He just spoke to me and left. As soon as i returned home i told my parents about this :spin in a fear that my relative will tell my parents. As i thought same thing happened, he called my parents and told them "Aunty I saw Kavitha in Marina Beach" :bonkDoes he not have any other work in the world?

As years rolled on, we grew closer to each other after this incident. Fell in love, parents approved, getting married in November. Touch wood.

4 people like this.