Work Life Balance - Discussion related to Fertility of Women

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramyasri9916, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ilovelife

ilovelife Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Very important thread for current days.. here is my view.. Job is not all about money (for many of us).. its about passion and achiving somthing in life and living for ourselves ofcourse it come with added value of money, our own identity and independence atleast for middle class girls like me.

yes even i am juggling between work and home and also on TTC without sucess, with all that only thing that keeps me off from being depressed is my work.. whatever stage i am today is because of my work.. also one of the famous top women leaders told " Dont Leave before you Leave" meaning before you actually have a situation where you may need to leave the job, dont start thinking about future personal plans and start feeling you no more deserve to work, get promoted or lead a team..

yes we all have very important personal lives, but we often find oursleves more successful if we are independently working and achiving somthing in life..

i would still put a note that, this is not the same in everyone's life, for many women being homemaker makes them feel sucessful in life, for some women working for an NGO with limited time and cocentrating on family gives them life satisfaction.

but if your lifes best part is working and if you aim to be a leader " Dont leave before you Leave" , the same leader say world will be best place to live when half of our women lead in corporates, politics and the world and half of men are home makers. thats the dream world which is possible only if we women take charge of our lives.

think about it..Co

1 person likes this.
  2. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Agree with ur point of view ....

More than anything ... it's about balance and priorities....some have jobs which does give them opportunity to balance professional and personal lives...but not many people have those jobs...for those who have , it's better to keep it than leave and get into too much of ttc thoughts
    and With yrs of work and married life, the priorities change...When u find u're unable to spend time on ur priorities, I think it's time to re-evaluate things and make some changes to archive the goals...

for some ttc requires more effort...for tests, diagnosis and then treatments...we tend to overlook health matters when we have full time jobs that don give us enuf time....to give u my example I just went thru a root canal yesterday ...I have had this problem for 1.5 yrs now but i always had other things which kept me occupied...and finding time for 3-4 sitting was always tough n I kept postponing...but now when ttc is priority one..I am doing everything to make sure I get all health issues out of the way.....I am also lil overweight but when I have work, i have very little time to exercise and I always give myself excuses ....but if I m off work, there are no excuses :)...

All the best to all of us in the ttc struggle...god bless

3. Sadhana29

Sadhana29 New IL'ite

Hi friends, This is Sadhana. I am very much impressed by the way this thread is going. I would like to share my information also. I am a software professional, achieved my degree and doing my dream job. So, to achieve a position in my life i concentrated more on my professional life. I got married at the age of 26 and we postpone to have baby after 3 years. Since we need to settle financially well to have a baby.

After 3 years things did not happen as we planned. I really had a hard time in home with my relatives and in-la's. But my husband was supportive to me. we had tried to conceive for 2 years but no results. I had some minor hormonal imbalances, and the sperm production is very low to my husband. So, we moved to Chennai for infertility treatment.

We met Dr. samundi sankari mam. I got the counselling for this, then came to know that due to various factors like work pressure, stress, not spending quality time by both partners, all this are the major problems and causes for today's infertility among couples. Alcohol and smoking, bad food habits at work place led my husband to be infertile. Got the IVF treatment from mam, and in 2nd cycle i conceived.

Happiness filled in my husbands eyes and at home my in-la's are very happy about it. Now i gave a break to my job and looking after my baby and my husband to spend a family life.

Regards
    Sadhana

1 person likes this.
  4. Angel2013

Angel2013 New IL'ite

Its the good topic to start with. Congrats Sadhana.. Hope u are happy now with your baby. ya Work life balance is very important to to lead a smooth life. Every one are unable to manage this and they are facing this consequences in conceiving.
    Its good that doctor is giving this counselling to the couple which would be helpful to many. I will suggest to many of my friends who are concentrating more on the career and neglecting the family life.
    Thanks for the information Sadhana

5. ramyasri9916

ramyasri9916 Senior IL'ite

Ya congratulations Sadhana. Have a Happy life with your baby. Have a stress free life. Good angel; that u had taken an initiative that u will help others to help them achieve their work life balance. Keep it up, Go ahead.. I am also suggesting many of my friends to be stress free and also to change the food habits.

6. Roopas81

Roopas81 New IL'ite

Hi all,, This is a very nice thread. Good to see all the ladies sharing their views about their life, how to achieve the work life balance, finally what are the ways to overcome the stress and problems in conceiving. This was much useful to many women. particularly working men and women who had different lifestyles and leading a stressful life, and at last struggling hard to conceive for the baby. this is like creating awareness by sharing each of their views.

7. ramrai2013

ramrai2013 New IL'ite

Is this thread only for working women...? only those women face infertility..? i am not working women, but i am unable to conceive. From this discussions i understood that should have a balanced life. change of life style, food habits, stress all this leads to problems in women.

I hope change of life style is the major problem, and over stress waiting for longer time for the baby is another problem i am facing today. pls help friends.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  8. ramyasri9916

ramyasri9916 Senior IL'ite

Hi dear, Sorry for your condition now. Dont get stressed a lot. there are many advanced treatments and best clinics available today. Choose the best doctor and start your treatment at the earliest. U can surely make your dreams come true. U can also get the suggestions from all the women who are in this thread. We are there to help you. Take care. Be happy.

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Think the biggest problem for working women is that of dealing with pregnant colleagues (in my case 7 out of 9 women on the floor!!!) and the pressure of work (resulting in PCOS and weight gain!!!). Think after a point, each of us need to prioritize and decide whats more important...draw the line and move on.

10. ramrai2013

ramrai2013 New IL'ite

Thanks ramya.. can u suggest me the good doctor for the infertility treatment in Chennai. pls help i am in tough situation. have u had any experience with the doctor.