1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Give finally Divorce Notice

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rita12, Jul 16, 2013.

1. rita12

rita12 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am posting after July 4th 2013..Yes, we serve my ex divorce notice...What i was expecting that he might want to talk to me about it that why i took that action ...out of blue he simply call my brother in law and verified about it..i went by mom home just a day before informing about divorce filling so he did not call me yeah he was unhappy that why i am going suddenly or asking his permission.

I also called my landlord to terminate my lease early so she very next morning place house for lease poster outside ...I informed him by sms him that we can live in home till july 31st... but you know what he and his relative after his work went our home and started to took stuff out of home....when i visited home later same day and saw they took tv, microwave, fan, napkins, pillows, bed sheets etc and threw my shoes everywhere in house i felt he and his relative wanted to break lease house i surprised to see that..house was leased on my name so if damages occur so i will be responsible for it..my ex and his relative knew that
    after I took my car back in morning... and turned off cell phone service immediately when i saw ex is just taking things out without even talking to me or asking anything. I also request my landlord to change locks so he can not entered again in house.

he called my brother and my brother said no more compromise oh well he contact our local community arbitration and request for leti deti (what i or he owes to eachother) :bonk i was wow even though i am the one who helped him at the time of marriage and after marriage whatever he was earning our expensive $1000+ which was going on my credit debit...but still he went to arbitration for money and stuff...
    he also started to tell my friends and his friends that i took his $80,000.00 etc
    even though I am the one who helped him by giving $...... amount of money..

now i am waiting him to sign divorce paper and we also agree to go arbitation and ready to show all expense before my family saying just get divorce dont worry about money lost your life save its important..but after his act now i prepared with proof that how much debit i got from our one and half yr of marriage with him...

one thing during this divorce i noticed only money issue they discussed...his parents did not even call us they live in india to know what happened..

As, you guys know i mentioned in my last post that his father ask me to earn $3000 per month and pay half and half for all expenses so his son don't have to worry about working 10 hours a day and he can stay home and study for his prep.

based on his dad and his son communication with me ..I learned they want me to work and earn money not to earn only to pay my school fee. so, that is a major issue as i helped him so much still he looking forward from me to support him financially..his father is doctor in india they said he has 3 clinic etc but my ex did not want from his father any money after we got married..but he wanted me to work enough hours to earn more money along with my studies and taking care of household work.

yes, he was getting mad at me if i say anything why you not giving me time that statement is enough for him to get mad at me and using physical force is so easy for him...he can raise hand on me anytime, at 1 in morning or 4 in the evening lol if i argue or reply back he gets so badly mad at me that he stands up and start grasping my arm tight enough which cause bruises to me, pushing me hard, when i say it hurting me that too not stop him to hurt me more....he continues his abusive verbal and physical behavior until he gets tried or i clam down and listen to him what he says.... such situation and after kind of incidents i only felt to leave him for good...i was compromising at that point too and praying may things get better but above mentioned making money demand just made me wonder is it worth to put more effort and earn more in order to be with this guy in relationship? is he keep me happy after even earning more? does he going to stop physically and verbally abuse me?
    does he really love me?

All these question answers was so doubtful to me...i thought about it more than 100 times before making decision of stepping out from marriage relationship from him.
    Now my question for you all is did i made right decision? i don't know why i am feeling i made wrong decision i know i made right but still don't know what making me to rethink? May be i am such gal who just wanted to married with 1 person and spent life with him but i guess things do not happen as we want.
    i want to know do you think my husband loves me in this 1 and half year of marriage truly? i feel i don't have its answer as well because he hardly in once a month make love with me even we were newly married couples..he always worried about his career, settlement in usa and parents..there was time i felt he married with me to get support so he can setup fast but his love and affection i did not get much he was kissing and hugging almost everyday but making love is something he was thinking if made than he will fell asleep and waste a day so he was avoiding at day time and night time he so tried that he does not want at all...in morning of course work..
    DID i made decision in rush? or I really safe my life from hell? answer me all i need your suggestion i wrote because all theses thinking incidents, last 1 and half year or marriage life good and bad both making me to think and rethink. Now, i cant change what has happened but i want to know my decision per your view was correct?

Many of you will say rita you asked so many time u acted and still confused:bonk than my answer to you that yeah i need to share with someone and i have to post this in order to get to know honest answer from you all... Thank you

2. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Good luck for beginning of new life.Its a high time you leave for yourself ,complete your own needs,make yourself happy and move on in life.

1 person likes this.
  3. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

You have taken the right decision in life. Be very firm and don't hold on to any sort of emotional baggage.You are out of hell and things will be good for you from now on ...

1 person likes this.
  4. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Dont know about your relationship problems, but since you have taken a decision, move on in life

Good luck

5. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

You made the right decision. An abusive spouse would be an abusive parent too...So you saved yourself and the unborn child you were yearning for.

God will bless you with a wonderful spouse and you can have all the adorable kids you wanted and live a happily ever after.

He is not worth anything...

Good Luck!

1 person likes this.
  6. DURGARAJ

DURGARAJ Silver IL'ite

You made the right decision at the right time. Don't worry your hard and bad days are over, you can start new life now.

Best of Luck for future life.

2 people like this.
  7. friendlygirl

friendlygirl Silver IL'ite

Good luck for a new, wonderful, trouble free life..

1 person likes this.
  8. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Well done Rita - onwards and upwards...don't look back.

Just take baby steps (and deep breaths) one day at a time...and you'll slowly begin to heal. You are wonderful - find someone who believes that.

Sending you love and best wishes to get through this.

9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

You know the best what you are going through and you took the decision for your good. When loveless marriage is hard to keep; abusive marriage is out of question. Years after, you may not even let this phase of ur life cross ur mind when u are happily married to the man who loves you back and busy with kids. "Giving time" helps when the person in question understands and admits there are problems with him, willing to change and fix things up. Yours dont. No point in wasting ur precious life after an idiot like him.
    These are phases of ur life when ur mind screams sound and clear but ur heart pulls u back with emotions. Be strong. listen to ur mind. You are blessed that you know how to love, so am sure u will find genuine love soon. I have cousins who saved themselves out of loveless and abusive marriages, found love, started afresh and are now happily married with kids. Infact, they are happier than first-time married couples cuz in general both the parties know the value of love and relationship!
    All the best :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Move on, there is no hope of reconciliation on your terms. The guy will give you a tough time ahead as he has already vandalized your apartment so that you have to pay extra.
    Just be aware of your rights and also take precautions like cancelling joint bank accounts, credit cards etc.

1 person likes this.