1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Arch, DG!!

Ya ignore is the golden rule and I follow it :thumbsup

2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Mine just returned after spending a few weeks with her dearest daughter and yesterday I heard mother-daughter conversation about how my sil will now have to make chapatis every day and she is missing her mom already. And like I said at my place she cannot even lift her finger and is so tired and weak. However, when quizzed about her double standards, she says that I don't let her do anything....

Here is my thing this is your house, I don't have to ask you for help. The way you offer help to your daughter, why is it that here I have to ask you.... Here she cannot chop vegetables because she is not used to chop veggies with knife and needs the Indian style coconut grater to chop veggies. Also she is worried that she might chop her hand off with a knife and because she has diabetes the bleeding won't stop.....

7 people like this.
  3. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

This is making my blood boil... Urgh!! Such disgusting behaviour..

3 people like this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Ignorance is always bliss for DIL and bugging for MIL! :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  5. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I completely agree, but had it been my MIL, I would have ensured to get her hospitalized and injected with saline water and get all possible blood tests done!

6 people like this.
  6. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

Had it been my MIL, she would have started demanding for endless juices and special foods!

2 people like this.
  7. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Coming here after a long gap.. This time story is even better.. :)

My mom and Dad arranged the 30th day function for my sis's daughter. As many of you know my sis is my co sis too.. Sis was still in process of healing stitches she got during delivery. It was a very bad tear so she couldn't sit to her right side. So mom wanted to make sure before inviting people for function that she can manage the pain for 1 hr in a stretch.. Everything was fine. So they went to fix the date with the pandit got it fixed on Jun 23.

My in laws were there in SIL home for her daughter's 3rd birthday function. When my parents called them to invite they told that they had their tickets booked for native and wont be able to come down to our place for the function. This was happening on Jun20 thursday. Sunday around 50 people everyone of the invited from my parents relatives and friends turned up for the function. None from in laws side were there. BIL got very upset and questioned his parents for the first time in his whole life why his daughter's function less important than the 3rd birthday party of SIL daughter's?? MIL got surprised and had to cover her bases so told him that she was never told that this was such a big function. She also had the nerve to tell that SIL's MIL also told her that this function is a very trivial in their custom so my MIL thought of skipping it. Seeing BIL going away she started the drama of being hurt by his talks and was crying to all who called her. Somehow this drama came to end.

We are leaving US to India for an year break. My DD is joining her 2nd grade there in bangalore after 10 days of us reaching there. Now my in laws are arranging naming ceremony for my sis DD there in their native the same weekend. They are pressuring us to attend the function stating that people will question them for our absence. I do love to meet my niece. I miss my sis so much I could use this function for meeting her and my parents. But we will be in jetlag and that too my little one is 21 months old and she is coming to India after 17 months. We have to finish our house set up and school set up in the same week. I will be dead on my feet. I have to put my kids need first. My DH tried explaining them but they are very adamant. My sis though feeling bad says that she understands. Just want to fast forward this period.. :(

8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Ramya,
    Now your sis is left to take all crap from your MIL, enjoy. By the way where is our bubblygal, has she got rid of her MIL's problems or MIL itself? OH it would be nice all of us get rid of any of these two.

3 people like this.
  9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

Blessed, Did she suffer much before her death? Did the karma theory work for her?
    Some ppl even when they r suffering n very well know that its their last phase, they don't give up taunting/insulting/hurting!! How was ur MIL?

10. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

My MIL n SIL keep elaborating on the girls they saw for my H. MIL's usual dialogue is "These ppl stopped talking with us after we rejected their gals"
    My SIL goes one step ahead n says "Oh how sad we missed them. Had we married that xyz girl for my bro, we would've lived happily ever after"
    Who knows even I might've had the same "lived happily ever after" scenario had they chosen that girl :rotfl Wish I tell them once :-( When I prepare some nice back answers for such taunts, they stop doing it and choose something else... :-(

7 people like this.