Know any speech therapy institutes in or around Egmore that offers free treatment?

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by saeed, Jan 13, 2008.

1. saeed

saeed New IL'ite

:bowdown
    I need the services of a speech therapist for my two and a half year old son who is yet to walk and talk. As I am not financially in a position to afford the fees, I humbly request anyone, someone or all of you reading this message, to suggest or inform me of any individual or institute that offers free speech therapy in Egmore area of Chennai (as I reside in Egmore). I have located one such free institute for his physiotherapy treatment and they insist that speech therapy also be given simultaneously. Could you please help?
    :bowdown

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Know any speech therapy institutes in or around Egmore that offers free treatment

hi saeed,

Welcome to il. Have you checked with the Institute of Child Health in Egmore. they have speech therapy attached.

There is an ngo in egmore, they are into therapies..not sure if they into speech therapy....

Asha, St.Andrews Kirk, Egmore,chennai, Ph. 25368096

Hope this helps....all the best for you..will definitely pray for you son...

3. sunanthinicu

sunanthinicu New IL'ite

Re: Know any speech therapy institutes in or around Egmore that offers free treatment

Hi,

Pls do check this link.Home: National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, NIEPMD, India

Its a central govt school run by the ministry .the charge free based on income ..they have all units like physio,occupational therapy ,speech therapy etc..dedicated team does gud job for all ...it on the ecr road just after MGM...The school has a bus stop all local buses stop there 19 series from broadway to Kovalm...

dont waste money on private people r NGO's pls...Registration charge is rs.5/- only.

cheers gud luck...