1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband threw knife at me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by soulhappy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear sadwoman,

I am not at all surprised that you are sad after reading your post.

We can all make suggestions here and pray for you, but ultimately God helps only those who help themselves. Right now your hospital records are with you. Take those with you and file a complaint against him right away. He needs to know what happens to men who bully their wives. You don't have to have any sympathy for him.

In fact I am wondering why you are still in the same house with him even now. Either get help from a DV shelter like Archie has told you or inform your parents and in-laws and go right back home to your parents. If you got married here in India, you could file a case against him here too. It will make it really hard for him to even consider stepping back on Indian soil ever.

1 person likes this.
  2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

OP also clear all your web history or cache, if he has access to the computer and snoops around. Please get help!

1 person likes this.
  3. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Try to get out. I hope you do.

If you are choosing to continue to stay under the same roof as him, tell about this incident to your family and friends and also some place where there is a record of this, like a shelter arch mentioned above. Make copies of the doctor visit and keep copies of it with some in the family and also some place safe. Keep a record of this. It would definitely help (act as a deterrent for future) to have your hubby know that this is recorded with some unrelated party such as the doctors/hospital or police or a welfare org or some such thing. May be others can advise on this aspect. But continuing to cohabit with this thing totally pushed under the rug is asking for continued trouble.

4. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

Dear friends, Thank you very much for your care and concern. My husband lacks empathy and compassion. I attimes feel if he is a human being. Just want to payoff all his debts and walk out of the relationship. I have ordered the book .
    Toxic men by dr lillian glass. Please read the book and you can have a clear umderstanding pf abusive men

5. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

Thank you steve. I will do as you have said. Next time if he does that he will be in jail.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear sadwoman, what debts are you talking of? Why should you be concerned about his debts after he has threatened you with a knife? :spin :spin :confused2: Let him sort out his own problems. Why are you still thinking of protecting him after he has hurt you so much? What if he goes one step further next time? Think of your safety first instead of sitting and trying to psycho-analyze him. Get out of the place immediately and get him to justice with the help of the law.

1 person likes this.
  7. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

Those are the debts he accumulated when married to me. My parents helped me with.the fees. But some small stuff e he did pay. I feel that I lso have a role to play with his debts. ? Iam fee.l that I couldnoy d do anything to stop h im from accumulatimg debt s. Things wrre beyond my control

8. soulhappy

soulhappy Silver IL'ite

Majority of debts were.because of his lifestyle. m.now he is in bad state. That is whyi thought I will help him and leave. He did apologize to me for causing injury. But I know he has anger issues and abusive nature. That is why I need to leave him.

9. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

If you do not decide to leave now (when he has caused you so much physical and mental injury) you will always make up excuses as to why you need to stay for some more time. I still feel you need to go to your parents in India at least for a little while. That will help you clear your head, gain confidence and get enough moral boost to make the right decisions. Choose before he takes complete control over your mind and thinking. Stay safe dear.

2 people like this.
  10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I get really scared when I read threads like this. sadwoman, there may or maynot be a next time. leave him right away. Did you talk to your parents yet?