1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think sex is overrated?

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by shama146, Jul 13, 2013.

1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I feel sex is over rated for the simple reason 1. The mindset that is presently associated with it as something to be ashamed of or hidden or done clandestinely. 2. Availability viz., demand and supply; in the sense that it is not openly available to experience without getting legally married and once married you have to be satisfied with what you get; and also with it goes the the ennui of marriage and in no way to solve the problem without guilt.

Sex will be just natural if for some reason marriages become unpopular or people progress economically and feel marriages are very restricting.

Nandita

1 person likes this.
  2. Canvrock

Canvrock New IL'ite

Well said Little...Hw r u? Hw s life?

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

It is not at all over rated. Its actually under rated if you ask me.

4. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Money and sex are the two things that the world mostly revolves around. IMHO both has its own value and one cant be too complacent thinking it as overrated.

5. happymomblore

happymomblore Senior IL'ite

Very subjective topic. Not limiting to sex, but in general we feel 'overrated' about things we dont like or we can't aquire. I have seen people saying love, marriage, relationships, emotions, money etc being overrated. So, the point is not about 'I can live without sex' but to ask ourself 'why i should live without it when i've a loving partner?'....Sorry, but it sounds abnormal to me.... And to add, nothng hurts me more than knowing that my spouse have been having sex with me for a long longer period of time just for my needs, and actually doesnt have any interest in it......

6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Absolutely.

7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Why do people say its a basic need of a man? So that does that mean women don't enjoy it??? If so it's really sad and your partner does not make it enjoyable for you.

Sex is as important as love and in my opinion love is absolutely important ingrediant in marriage. Sex creates the intimacy and passion that makes relationship with spouse special and unlike with anyone else. So if its basic need if a man it's about time it's a basic need of a woman too - strengths marriage.

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Anyone else missing the R & D report posts for this thread !?

1 person likes this.
  9. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Sex is full of lies. The body tries to tell the truth. But, it's usually too battered with rules to be heard, and bound with pretenses so it can hardly move. We cripple ourselves with lies.
    Jim Morrison

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S Thomson

Sex without love is a meaningless experience, but as far as meaningless experiences go its pretty damn good.Woody Allen

An intellectual is a person who's found one thing that's more interesting than sex.
    Aldous Huxley

“I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”
    Woody Allen

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.”
    George Carlin

“We are all born sexual creatures,thank God, but it's a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.”
    Marilyn Monroe

“The difference between sex and love is that sex relieves tension and love causes it.”
    Woody Allen

“Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.”
    Woody Allen

“Men learn to love the woman they are attracted to. Women learn to become attracted to the man they fall in love with.”

Woody Allen

And Finally.......
    “Sex is the most fun you can have without laughing.”
    Woody Allen

10. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

I am not an expert, but just a married woman.

According to me, SEX is one of the most important part in a marriage just like affection, love, hugs, kisses and friendship.
    It is not just a bodily need, but an emotional need too.

It is giving you both physical and emotional pleasure and that's one of the most important part of a marriage. Also, I've read somewhere a healthy sex is always good for your health.

As a married woman, if you feel SEX is not enjoyable anymore, then it could say something else... Either you are bored with your spouse, your spouse is not making it enjoyable anymore, or your libido is changed with time... Or an indication for medical problems such as hormonal changes.

Emotional changes and overloaded family pressure too become the other reasons to avoid sex in life.

Other than that, I keep on hearing the same..i.e sex is not a priority, among my separated, divorced friends those indeed don't like it that much. Understandably, it helps them a lot in many ways.