1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband threw knife at me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by soulhappy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Gowrhi

Gowrhi New IL'ite

Kindly read Sundara Kanda Pranyam every day and also worship lord sammohana Navaneetha Krishnan slogam(do search in net) so that u willl get rid of all hurdles..It helps a lot

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

whats stopping you? pack ur bags and run out - save yourself!

3. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

what the hell is this..wake up GIRL ..He threw KNIFE not a ROSE:rant

1 person likes this.
  4. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Lol...He threw KNIFE not a ROSE....really its a witty line but jokes apart really....i feel some how we gals....give ourselves so much into any relationship we are in that guys takes us for granted.... hard fact

2 people like this.
  5. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

completely agree with you hyral, we are taken for granted and expects us to be taken granted ourselves.

1 person likes this.
  6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I am just assuming you are in the United States. The following is an option....

Do you have access to a phone, if yes then the best option would be to call a DV shelter and get yourself interviewed for a shelter space. Start doing it because most shelters are legally bound to only accept a woman if her life is in danger and the most recent incident of abuse is 6-months. Getting a shelter space is very difficult, because most of them are full, so sometimes women who have nowhere to go continue living with their abuser and keeping calling shelters to find out if a space has opened up. The moment a space opens up they leave the abuser. You could try doing it, sometimes shelters will tell you if they have something opening up in a day or two and will ask you to call back. They are legally not allowed to hold a space for someone, it is more of a first come first serve basis.

I don't know about the state that you are in, but in most states you could live in a DV shelter for 90 days during which staff will help you find a job and may try to find transitional housing for you. What is your visa status? If husband has a GC or is US citizen you could file for GC under VAWA, if you are on H-1, F-1, H-4 or any other visa you don't qualify for VAWA. However, most shelters run by non profits will even help you get legal help. If you have GC, you can also qualify for public assistance.

Call up a non-profit, there are many run by South Asian agencies in most states. They will guide you, talk to a counsellor/ social worker they will try to assist you with finding a job, visa-status or getting to India. You have a lot of options - don't feel helpless....

5 people like this.
  7. sirila29

sirila29 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sadwoman,
    sorry to hear your plight. you dont have to go back to India if you dont want to but please step away from him. you cannot be with hi anymore.maybe you are state of confusion or mild shocking state which happens when we face things like these. please go by to your friends house or call the womens abuse shelter for help and advice. you dont need to inform him about. secretly step out if you fear him. please get away from there. and try to join in a small job atleast for now to keep you going till you get the job you are looking for. i know this is very hard but make up ur mind. he is not safe to be with. i iwll definitely keep you in my prayers. hope things work out for u.
    God bless you
    sirila

8. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

That guy would have got you killed and still you are so worried abt his future... Are you expecting any noble human certificate from anybody? Will you be thinking the same if he has thrown knife on ur kid or your loved ones.. Wake up.. plz follow what Arch has suggested...
    if you dont do anything now you will never do anything to save your future... Act Fast...

3 people like this.
  9. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

The physical injury will heal sooner or later, what about the mental scar?? You need to speak to somebody real soon( I know you are able to vent online anonoumously but this will help you only so much). I am just thinking out loud here, if someone came at me with a knife, the picture of knife hurting me will keep flashing in my head, I would not be able to sleep peacefully , that's not a fair way to live. You need to be and feel safe and protected right now. Please inform your parents. They might worry , but will be your biggest moral support. Please reconsider going to india at least for a short while. Good luck dear.

2 people like this.
  10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

OP, There is no award for tolerating such abuses.It was only in "puranams" those women were potrayed good.In reality , you are feeding and encouraging a BIG FAT PHYSICAL ABUSER.Get out of this mess and help yourself.

2 people like this.