1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Charlotte from india - Need help

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by durga27, Jun 3, 2013.

1. durga27

durga27 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I recently started following this website. We are moving to Charlotte from India by end of Jun-2013. My hubby is looking out for rental apartments near Southpark mall. Is there any good apartment near to it with Indian community in it? Apart from Southpark mall, is there any other area where we have good number of Indian community. Please let me know

2. Hemamuru

Hemamuru New IL'ite

Welcome to USA, Charlotte is the nice place to live, There are some good apartment are there in Charlotte, All Camden properties are good, There is one apartment in Providence Road, Camden Pine Hurst 3904 Providence Rd Charlotte, NC 28211 7043654663. They have town homes, 1 or 2 BB apartment. I think rent will be cheap( when i was 3 years before).Check all the Camden apartments.

3. durga27

durga27 New IL'ite

Thanks Hemamuru. This is my first visit to USA. Are there Indian community around .

4. anu19s

anu19s New IL'ite

Hi Durga,
    Nice to hear that you are coming from India to U.S.I am also staying in charlotte.South park mall area is good,you will find lot of indians there.I am staying in york ridge apartment, in steele creek.Here the rates are pretty cheap compare to south park.If you want any other details,please let me know.

5. durga27

durga27 New IL'ite

Thanks Anu. Thanks

6. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

Hello Durga, Charlotte has a lot of Indians spread across the town(South park mall, Tryon, University area etc) Where would your husband be working? If it is downtown, I would suggest you to search apartments around area with public transportation. Strawberry hills, Camden, Century park side and tyvola apartments are a good start. Parkside has almost 90% Indians but the management is very bad, they dont care about any maintainance issues and there have been a couple of break ins in the past(dont want to scare you but want to say good and bad). Tyvola is good management wise and there are a lot of Indians in that community as well. I have lived in both Parkside and Tyvola and loved my stay at Tyvola apartments. Good luck:)

7. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

York Ridge is good too, but only problem is transportation. 41X(Steel Creek Express) runs to downtown every 30 mins between 6:00 and 8:00AM and for couple of hours in the evening from downtown. Rest of the time there is no reliable direct transportation, we need to take lot of transfers between buses to reach destination. My two cents :)

8. durga27

durga27 New IL'ite

Thanks Anu. We finally decided and moved into Camden Pinehurst. looks good so far. But not much friends i could find so far.. everyone has their own small group :). Thanks fo ryour suggestion. We can connect sometime...

9. marlboro

marlboro Bronze IL'ite

Camden Pinehurst has a lot of indians.