help-lakshmi pooja

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by hemasoundar, May 13, 2009.

1. hemasoundar

hemasoundar New IL'ite

hi IL's :hiya,
    One of my teacher told that she'll do lakshmi pooja .... Out of curiosity I asked her how to do....
    She said that she'll take 108 coins(of Rs1 or 2 or 50 etc) according to one's wish and ability,then she'll lit a lamp in front of the deity and chant 108 lines of lakshmi sloka placing one coin for one line in a plate... After completion she'll do dipa arathanai and finish off the pooja....she also said that we can use the same set of coins for next poojas or if we can&wish we can take new set of coins...
    The old coins shouldn't be used for general purpose and should be put in undiyal....this pooja is done on fridays..no certain no. of fridays & some friday expections is ok....she won't keep any kalasams and won't invite people..
    Now,I want to know whether this method of pooja is correct..is there any other way of doing lakshmi pooja.If so pls :bowdown:bowdown:bowdowntell me the procedure and also the slokas...Thanks in advance.... :)

2. sarasthara

sarasthara Bronze IL'ite

Dear Hema,

I also heard this method of pooja from many people & hope it is correct but I ll do kunkuma archanai on every friday chanting Lakshmi ashtotharam and finish it up with naivedhiyam & dipa arathanai. Lakshmi kubera poojai follow the method as you said with addition of Kubera Ashtotharam.
    we wil wait for more information from others also.

3. hemasoundar

hemasoundar New IL'ite

hi sarasthara,
    Thanks for replying and sharing your way of worshipping:)....Le us both wait for some more replies

With regards
    Hema

4. latasunder

latasunder Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I also perform lakshmi pooja every Friday at evening time. I take bath, lite a lamp, chant 108 names of godess, do archna with kumkuma or coins or red rose petal , whatever available. I also read lakshmi chalisa & sree suktam after that. I make sakara pongal for naivaidyam & do the aarathi.. there is no particular method for this pooja, one can do according to their own wish.. god never see the vidhi but they see that whatever we do, we have to do wholeheartedly.

-Lata

1 person likes this.